3.25.2009

For the Record

I was a little upset last night because my favorite show, American Idol, was cancelled so Fox 13 could broadcast President Obama's speech to the nation. Okay, I wasn't that bummed. I actually planned to listen to the president. I like Obama. But I didn't get to hear his speech because I assumed that he would be on at 7:00 and he was on at 6:30. So, not only did I miss American Idol, I didn't even hear the president speak. I was bummed. I guess it's not that big of a deal though because I was able to read his speech online today and I can watch American Idol tonight.

I wanted to post my favorite part of the president's speech here, just for the record: "So let’s look towards the future with a renewed sense of common purpose, a renewed determination, and, most importantly, renewed confidence that a better day will come."

Well said, President Obama, well said. The whole speech was great and I agree: long term investments are the way to go!Here's a link to the speech.

1 comment:

Chelsi Archibald said...

I'm glad one of my friends cares about this besides me. But you are right, my selfish side takes over when they start canceling our TV shows. Its all we have left Obama!!! BUt seriously, one of my friends told me the other day that so far Obama has done nothing for this country or helped us. I had to laugh because I don't know what people expect in a two month time period. But whatever!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...