It was my birthday and we literally celebrated the entire weekend. I was definitely spoiled by Mitch and our families. They are all so kind.
Friday night Mitch's parents had us over for dinner and cake and ice cream. Kathy made a delicious red velvet cake that was decorated with a little baby on top. It was really cute. We also painted these Christmas tree ornaments that look like sugar cookies. They turned out really cute. Thanks Kevin, Kathy, and Katie for the fun night and for the gifts!
Saturday we slept in, went to the gym, and ran some errands. Then Mitch surprised me and took me to dinner at one of my all-time favorite places: The Lion House Pantry. So yummy. I swear I could eat 5 rolls in one sitting. It was great. Of course we went and saw the lights at Temple Square afterwards. They are really cool this year. I've gone to see the lights every year for my birthday since I was 16. It's sort of my tradition you could say. Except last year. Last year it was always snowing and I didn't want to go in the snow. But this year we made it out and we weren't disappointed. They had some really cool nativity scenes and these super cool bags with lights in them. The bags have words cut out of them in different languages. The Cambodian ones were all upside down. Mitch thought that was super funny. But I'm sure no one even knows it's upside down besides him and a handful of other people who actually speak Cambodian... anyways, they were really neat to see. They also a nativity scene floating in the reflection pool, which is really pretty. I love nativity scenes. I want to collect them.
It was a nice night and Mitch always makes it fun. Since I already knew what I was getting for my birthday (the coat I picked out in Europe), Mitch had me go on a treasure hunt to find it. He had clues hid all over the house. The problem was that Harvey found one of the clues before I did and hid it under the couch. We couldn't find it anywhere. We finally realized he probably put it under the couch. Yup. And guess what else we found under there? Oh, about a dozen Christmas tree ornaments! What a stinker. And we thought he wasn't knocking anything off the tree! Well, it gave us a good laugh anyways. And I eventually did make to the end of the treasure hunt and found my coat, mittens, and scarf. And, I can actually button my coat up despite the baby belly. Not for much longer, but I'll have it for next year. :) Thanks, Mitch for the great presents! And, he also made me pancakes for breakfast. He seriously makes the fluffiest pancakes. They look like they should be on a pancake ad. I don't know how he does it.
Sunday night my fam came over and we celebrated mine and Jordan's birthdays. His birthday is two days after mine. It was fun to have everyone over. Thanks everyone for coming and for the birthday gifts! We got Jordan this duck hunting game that has a remote controlled duck and a laser gun. It's pretty sweet and they had a good time with it. Here we are, the birthday kids, me and my handsome brother:
Then, on Monday at work my fabulous coworkers had lunch, balloons, and cake for me. Yeah, I work with some great people. They even gave me some Colorescience lipstick. (LOVE Colorescience!)
Monday night Mitch and I went to the Jazz game. Okay, this wasn't really a birthday celebration, but it was SO exciting nontheless. They played the Spurs and it was the craziest game I've ever been to (never mind that I've only ever been to 6 Jazz games in my life). It was a nail biter. There was this lady behind us who was SO mad at the Jazz, particularly Boozer. I wanted to turn around and say, "If you don't like how they're playing, then YOU go down there and do it!" Jeez, don't you think they're trying their hardest lady? And they won, so calm down! It was pretty funny, but irritating at the same time. I'm so glad they won, especially considering that the refs made some horrible and completely unfair calls. Or didn't make calls when they totally should have. It was really fun to be there. I love it when the entire crowd is on its feet, yelling at the top of their lungs. It's great.
Well, 26 feels the same as 25. And I really don't feel any older than I did at 19. Is that weird? I had a great birthday weekend though and felt very loved. Thanks everyone also for your phone calls, emails, and thoughtfulness!
2 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday to you!
Harvey cracks me up, he IS a stinker! Pets are so funny! Utah looks so cold, brrr, I got the chills just looking at the snow in your pictures.
Sounds like you had a great bday, I hope all your dreams come true! (My friend always says that to people on their bdays, it cracks me up :), it's totally cheeseball but sincere at the same time).
Happy Birthday!!! I am so glad that you had such a great day/weekend! I feel like a terrible friend because I totally forgot it was your birthday, so sorry.
Post a Comment