1.15.2010

Homemade Hooter Hider

Have you heard of a "Hooter Hider"? It's a cover a mom uses when breastfeeding. I have seen them at Gardner Village for $40, which is a total rip off in my book. After all, it's just a square piece of fabric with a strap on it.

So, I made my own. I haven't sewn anything in years, so I was hesitant, but it turned out pretty good as long as you don't look too close. I made it reversible and I really love both of the fabrics. It only cost me $15 to make it. Total savings = $25. Can't beat that right?

We went to the doctor last week. Baby is now 2 lbs. 2 oz. Still slightly small, but not too small to be concerned. I passed the glucose test. No Gestational Diabetes for me, which I am thankful for. I feel pretty good. Just the usual aches, pains, Charley Horses, and migraines. No more bloody noses though thanks to the Usana Fish Oil. Mitch is still so good about trying to make me comfortable, helping me with things, and understanding when I need to take a nap after only being awake for an hour. He's such a sweet Hubby. Here's a pic of my belly. It's a little blurry, but it will have to do.
Definitely getting bigger. My brother said it still seems so weird to him to see me with a belly and he laughs every time he sees me walk in the door. Thanks, Dudin.

Speaking of him, he and his cute wife are moving to Colorado this weekend. I'll miss them; Jordan seriously cracks me up. But, we're really happy and excited for them. I'm sure we'll still see them as often as possible; they're only 5 hours away. I hope they love it there! We love you Jordan and Mickayla!!!

4 comments:

Blass Family said...

I love making hooter hiders I have made a few for friends who have had babys recently, they are super easy and fun to make! Yours turned out darling I love that it is reversible! You look so dang cute pregers! Hope you are feeling good, and I hope to see ya soon!

Ashlee said...

I have seen the "hooter hider" but I didn't know that it had a name. Yours is so cute, I love the fabric you picked out. I love the belly pic, you look so cute! That must be hard to have family moving away, it must be hard for them too and exciting (that's how it was for us, hard but exciting at the same time). Hey but now you have an excuse to visit Colorado, road trip!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Your hootie hider turned out super cute! Cute fabric choice! Cute pic of your belly - I love it!

Julia M. said...

Your belly is so darling! And you'll love the hooter hider! You're so talented!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...