5.18.2010

Success

Layla is learning so much lately! Or maybe we are ... we finally learned which bottle she prefers to eat from (thanks again for the tip, Julia, it worked!) and we also learned which binky she prefers. I wasn't going to ever give her a binky, but she kept sucking her fingers. I figured it's easier to take away a binky than it is to make her stop sucking her fingers. (Lucky for us she actually likes a binky.) Now that she'll take a bottle and binky, Mitch and I can go see a movie, go to the temple, or do anything that requires leaving Layla for longer than 3 hours. Now that's what I call success!!! (The question is whether or not I can handle being away from her for that long ... she's so cute and sweet I just want to hold her and cuddle her all day long!)
But here's the best news ... drum roll please... Layla learned that she does not need to wake up at 2:30 a.m. to eat anymore! She slept from 10:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. last night and I was SO happy! I can't wait to see what happens tonight.She's also learning to coo a lot and likes to talk to Mitch and I when we change her diaper and play with her. She smiles at us a lot too. I love it when I wake her up and she smiles at me as soon as she opens her eyes. Melts my heart. I also love it when Mitch comes home from work, picks up Layla, and she smiles at him again and again and again. So cute! She is most definitely a Daddy's Girl!

5 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

What a good girl!!! Drinking from a bottle and sleeping 6 hours a night - can't ask for more than that! I know you have more babysitters than you could ever need, but if you want to trade babysitting to go to the temple we would be happy to trade with you :) (plus I owe you)

The Walkers said...

Hooray, Lacey! That is so thrilling when you get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, huh? And taking a bottle and a pacifier is fabulous, too. I'm so glad she liked that bottle. It took me like 6 weeks of trying to get my son to take a bottle, and when I finally tried that one, he took it right away.

She is so darling! Go on a date soon. Little Layla will be waiting for you when you get home!

Ashlee said...

Success indeed! 6 hours must seem heavenly when you are used to just 4, ahhh, I can't even imagine! Way to go Layla!

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice when you figure out things like that. That's good that she will take a bottle now for you. It definitely gives you more freedom! She is growing up so fast. I can't believe how big she is!! Such a cutie!

martha said...

Sorry you and Layla are sick. Hope you feel better soon. Call if you need anything.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...