I didn't think it would happen. Our pediatrician didn't either. We both thought she'd walk and never crawl due to her above average amount of strength- as is evidenced in the picture below. Some ab muscles she must have to lift both her legs up like that! I cannot wait to put her in tumbling. What do you think, U of U gymnastics team 2028???
But I digress.
Little Bug figured out how to crawl this week and now she's crawling around the house while I chase her around and keep her from ripping all of Harvey's hair out. (He usually runs away before too long.) She's much happier now that she's mobile. She jabbers the whole time she's crawling like she's so happy she can't help but tell everyone about it. She crawls from door to door; she loves to open and close the door. She loves it even more when she can see Mommy peeking at her through the crack of door. That makes her laugh her head off. Then Layla and Mommy both end up in a fit of giggles. And for that very reason I am so glad she learned to crawl.
Not to mention how ridiculously cute she is when she crawls.
I am so happy everyday that I am Layla's mom. I feel really blessed. I love taking her to the store and watching her wave to everyone (and I mean everyone) and seeing the smile she brings to stranger's faces. It cracks me up how social she is. I love that part of her personality. It makes me laugh to see the surprise on people's faces when a little baby waves and smiles at them for no reason. I hope she stays that way- not shy and friendly to everyone. I love you, Bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment