6.14.2011

Summer

It finally felt like summer today. And we took advantage of it.

This afternoon Layla had fun playing with Eliza in her wade pool while I chatted with Tynelle. (Should have taken a picture.) Despite the fact that Layla's swimming suit was much too small and threatening to cut off her circulation, I think we fully enjoyed the nice summer weather today. Layla didn't like the wade pool at first, but she quickly changed her mind. She did take a little spill in the pool and swallowed some water. It scared her and she cried. In her defense, it was nap time and she was tired. We called it a day and headed home for a bath to remove the sunscreen. The bath was not nearly as fun as the wade pool.

After her nap we headed to Babies R Us for a new swimming suit, which, might I add, is ridiculously cute and only cost six bucks! Oh, and since Layla loved Eliza's wade pool so much, I splurged and bought her a seven dollar plastic wade pool of her own. I know, best mom ever.

We are officially ready for summer! I am excited to spend time with Layla in her little pool. Well, she'll be in the pool, not me. I doubt we can both fit. But I am willing to give it a try ...

And because I regret not taking any pics of Layla and her friends today, I will add a pic of Layla and her other friends, daddy, kitty, and lamb.
And a pic of Layla and her enemy--green beans. Please notice how she picks them out of her veggie medley and puts them in her cup holder. She must be my daughter.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...