I ran in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay last month. It was awesome! Ragnar is a relay race run with a team of 12 people- 6 people in each van. You run all day, all night, and then all day again. Some teams are really creative and think of the best team names like this one:

We got very little sleep and what sleep we did get consisted of sleeping bags on the wet grass in a park in 38 degree weather. I kept asking myself if I was crazy.
The answer was usually yes, but that I was also having so much fun that it didn't matter. 
The answer was usually yes, but that I was also having so much fun that it didn't matter. 
I can see why people run this race again and again. Thanks girls, for making it such a fun experience!
Mitch and I ran a half marathon on the 4th of July. Let's just say we don't recommend this particular half. The course was really difficult with lots of steep uphills and not enough downhills. (Their website totally lied about the elevation gain!) I hurt my knee and didn't make my goal. Mitch did make his goal and did awesome though! Now we're both hobbling around like a pair of 80 year olds. We actually had this conversation last night:
Lacey: Wow Mitch, seeing you hobble around just gave me a vision of what you'll look like at age 80!
Mitch: Ugh, I feel like I'm 80 right now.
Lacey: Me too. Only when we're 80 we'll be visiting grandchildren and stuff.
Mitch, in an old man's voice: No, I don't want to go visit them. I don't want to get out of my chair! Make them come over here.
Lacey, in an old woman's voice: No, because I don't want to make them dinner! Can you believe we used to run half marathons?
Mitch, still in an old man's voice: I know! That was stupid!
Ha, ha. I wonder if it will really be like that? Hopefully not.
I didn't take any pics of the race. I may have been slightly disappointed when it was over. We spent the rest of the holiday hobbling around and complaining about how sore we are. It'll probably take a day or two to recover. We also spent the weekend travelling around to see the Parade of Homes. It was great! Mitch and I are addicted to HGTV and loved seeing the new home ideas. We did light off some fireworks with Katie to make it feel like the 4th of July weekend. And we got together with both of our fams to eat and visit. Overall it was a low key and fun holiday.
3 comments:
ha ha, hey we had some pretty crazy times....but overall what a fun crazy mess! Thanks for lunch. Yeah.....that half did not sound fun. Hopefully you didn't hurt yourself too much! Thanks for the jump to the future as an 80 year old! Also thanks for lunch and I was dying over Layla's sunglasses....so CUTE!
i had so much fun with you lacey. and i am so glad we get to reconnect after a few year!!
sorry about your knee, hope it feels better.
ok, i am addicted to HGTV too. and i just found out that the new Design Star starts on monday. its my favorite show!!
I am so glad you had fun, I know I had a BLAST! Thanks for running it with us - let's do it again soon!!!
I will make sure to skip the Fourth of July uphill run (I am pretty sure I wouldn't make it :)! Hopefully your knee starts feeling better soon.
Post a Comment