For about one day, Layla was calling Mitch, "Big Daddy." It was hilarious. Until she decided to call me, "Big Mamma." Okay, that was actually funny too. But thank heavens those names didn't stick!
At church last week Mitch took Layla out in the hall during sacrament meeting to run around. They came back and sat down and later I decided I would take her out. So, I grabbed her hand to start walking out, but she protested and said, very loudly I might add, "Mamma, sit down! Daddy, hand!" Geez, bossy! I promise she really does love me and thinks I'm tons of fun, but apparently Daddy trumps me on some things — hanging out at church being one of them.
One thing I love is when Layla tells me she wants to cuddle. She'll say, "Cuddle, Mamma" and snuggle up real close. It's my favorite thing. I have to cherish it because it's sort of rare. She's not really a cuddler, just for a minute, maybe two, right before bed or naps.
Poor Harvey. Layla is a lot stronger and bigger now, so she can really do some damage. He's so good about it (luckily for Layla's sake!). She always touches his ear and says, "Tickle!" Of course, just touching anywhere near his ear makes it twitch, but she thinks he's moving it because she's "tickling" him. She laughs her head off every time. I love it.
Layla is super ticklish almost everywhere, but especially the bottom of her feet, her ribcage, back, and tummy. Pretty much everywhere. She's ridiculously ticklish on her thighs, but only my mom seems to have the magic touch for that tickle spot. Try as we might, neither Mitch nor I can make her laugh when we try to tickle her legs.
On Monday our friends had us over for BBQ. They slow-cooked ribs and made their own BBQ sauce! It was so yummy! We were very impressed. BBQ anything is one of my very favorite things to eat.
On Sunday my grandma Ruth had us over for Valentine's dinner (a little after the holiday, due to scheduling conflicts, but that's okay!). Of course it was delicious, and Layla loved the little gifts she got. Thanks, Mom, for the Dora book. (Slight sarcasm.) We have to read it about 4 times a day now.
We've been amazed at how much Layla's speech and vocabulary are improving. She can pronounce more and more words correctly and she knows so many words! Seriously though, the girls talks NON STOP. If she's awake, and not eating, she's talking. It's crazy. Quite funny, but exhausting. I am impressed though at how much she picks up every day and how well she can express herself. Of course, we force her to tell us things; we don't let her just point or whine. And she's pretty good about saying, "please" and "thank you." She still needs reminders, but she's getting it.
Still working on potty training. We'll get there eventually.
Still reading "Frankenstein." Loving it so far. Can't believe the author was only 14 when she wrote it! I'm a pretty quick reader, but I don't have tons of time to dedicate, so it's taking me longer than normal.
Sit up and push up challenge is over this week. I'm glad Mitch is always on board with these things, because he's always much more dedicated than I am, so he motivates me to keep going.
That's all for now. Wow, I had more to say than I thought!
1 comment:
Frankenstein is one of my all=time favorite books! I just read it this past October, and loved it. Super impressive, right, especially when you consider everything came from her imagination: not TV, movies, or even a plethora of books.
Layla is darling. It's amazing how fast they grow, huh?
Post a Comment