3.07.2012

Exercising

Most mornings, I try to wake up early enough to run outside before Mitch goes to work. But sometimes usually I keep sleeping until Layla wakes up and YELLS, "Mamma!" at the top of her lungs over and over until I roll out of bed, pray, then go to her room. One diaper change, pink blanky, and sippy cup of milk later, and she's set to watch Sesame Street while I exercise.
Before I could tell her to say, "Cheese!" she said it, all on her own, and made this face.
 Today I was only half way through my run on the treadmill when Layla walked in the room. This does not usually happen. I wondered why she came in, surely her show was not over already, when she handed me this:
A tiny, scrap of paper. She must have found it on the couch. I was cutting some things out for Primary there the night before. I thought I got all the scraps picked up, but leave it to Layla to find the last remaining one! Ha, ha! After we threw it away she wanted to "run" on the treadmill with her blanky.
 I talked her out of the blanket. Don't worry, the treadmill was unplugged. She just likes to pretend.
It will be so fun when she's old enough to come running with us. Maybe we can all enter a 5K together someday.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...