Layla is starting to get better at praying on her own. I had to record tonight's prayer because it was especially hilarious. We decided to have a family prayer, so we all three knelt at her bedside to pray. It went like this:
Me: "Layla, how do we start the prayer?"
Layla: "Dear Heavewy Fadder, fank you for Mamma and Daddy, and Mammy and Grandpa."
Me: "Thank you for ..."
Layla: "Skittles and Snickers*, and my two milks, and the blue sky, and the tomatoes."
Me: "Please bless ..."
Layla: "Me to sleep good tonight. I love Thee. In the name of Jesus Christ, aaaaMENNNN!!!"
Oh my, is that cute or what?!? Mitch and I were both holding in the giggles for sure! Then we realized that when we pray with her separately we both tell her to say, "Please bless me to sleep good tonight." Ha, ha. We can use all the help we can get in that department!
*For the record, Skittles and Snickers are Mitch's parents' cats, whom Layla adores. And she mentioned tomatoes because she loves going outside every evening with my mom to see if the tomatoes are ready. And even more than that she loves the salsa that my mom makes from the tomatoes. She loves spicy food. It must be because she has some of my Panamanian blood running through her veins.
Mitch and I went to the Brigham City temple dedication today. My mom was kind enough to watch Layla while we attended. We told Layla we were going to the temple dedication and while we were gone Layla told my mom, "I want to go see my mom at the temple!" She has also told me, several times, that "Mamma and Daddy get married in the temple and I'da get married in the temple!" Oh, makes my heart happy.
We have been having a rough time getting Layla to take a nap lately, to say the least. In her defense she is getting her last two molars right now (yay, no more teething!) so I think they're to blame. I've started to get frustrated the last few days when she and I are in her room and she's not alseep after over an hour of the nap time routine. We have this book called, "The Happiest Mommy Ever" that my grandma gave me for Mother's Day one year and it really is the cutest book; I highly recommend it for mothers. Well, whenever I say anything like, "Layla, you need to go to sleep, I'm starting to get frustrated," or, "Layla, go to sleep, I'm starting to get mad," she always gets out that book and says, "No, Mom, you're not mad, you're happy! Here, read 'The Happiest Mommy Evvvverrr.'" Oh my goodness, talk about a guilt trip! From a two year old! Makes me feel like a horrible mom for making her stress and worry that I'm not happy. And it actually does cheer me up to read that book and she eventually does fall asleep. The last few days have been better so hopefully we're over this hump and can go back to normal nap times.
1 comment:
I love the story about the "Happiest Mommy Ever." You totally need to show me that book sometime. And the prayers are so cute, Parker's starting to enjoy saying prayers too and it's so fun to listen to!
Post a Comment