9.18.2012

My Little Buddy

Every day Layla says things that make me laugh. I am loving the age she is at and the conversations we have.    Sometimes she tells me she wants to go to school (because she knows that our family friend Rhonda goes to school, and even though Rhonda lives in California, Layla speaks of her often and wants her to come visit us again). I respond by telling Layla that she can't go to school yet because she's "my little buddy." (Completely selfish of me, I know, but I can't help it. She's just so awesome.) While she lets me and Mitch call her any nickname we please, if anyone else calls her anything but "Layla" she will say, "No, I'm not (fill in the blank), I'm Layla!" It's pretty funny.
This is Layla. 
She LOVES nursery and gets so very mad at us when we go to pick her up after church. Dirty looks and everything! We had our first official Family Home Evening with Layla the other day. It went better than I would have thought and now she knows that she, and everyone, is a child of God. :)

A granola bar is a "gorilla bar."
Being attacked by geese at Wheeler Farm.
 Instead of saying that something is "his" she says it is "hims." For example she'll say, "Wook at Harvey! Wook at hims nose!" It's so funny, and even though we correct her, she keeps on saying hims.
 
The other day she and Mitch were eating lunch at the table when she got up and told Mitch, "I'da be right back." ("I'da" is another thing Layla made up that she uses quite often.) Then she went in the bathroom to sit down on her little potty. When Mitch came in she told him to go out and shut the door. He did and she went pee pee in the potty. What the?!? The potty thing is still totally random, but I'm hoping that someday it will just happen ... she also tells us "I'da be right back" quite often now: whenever she goes upstairs to visit Mammy and Grandpa, when she goes in her room to get a new toy, etc.
Wheeler Farm. Lame, but free.
Come on, Mitch. Surely you can make a better silly face than that!
If we offer her something she likes, she'll often say, "That sounds great!" in a very excited voice. When I rinse the shampoo out of her hair she says, "That feels great!" or "That feels better."
Wheeler Farm.
She can now tell us the sound that each letter in the alphabet makes. She can also name one, if not two or more, words that start with each letter and will often go through the entire alphabet saying the letter and words that start with that letter. She's not even 2 1/2 yet. Little Miss Smarty Pants. Her memory seriously amazes me. I really need to start her on some sight words.

Last, but certainly not least, Layla learned how to do somersaults this month! She calls them kartwheels, but it's really a somersault.
Somersault buttcrack.
When our family friends from California were visiting in June, Jenna was teaching Rhonda how to do kartwheels, so Layla insisted that she join. Here is a video from that day:
Now, just a few months later, Layla has learned to do a true somersault:
I sure love my little buddy's guts!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...