We took Layla to the ultrasound with us and she seemed pretty excited. Afterwards I asked her if she was excited for her baby brother to which she responded with, "No, I don't want a baby bwudder! I only want a baby sister!" Ohhhh no.
Thankfully she has warmed up to the idea after we reminded her that her friend Oakley has a baby brother. Only now Layla keeps insisting that we name our baby Dexter just like Oakley's brother is named Dexter. Ha, ha. I like that name but the two boys are bound to be good friends so the same name would get confusing ... I think we'll probably stick with Marcus.
And I guess it's only right we're having a boy so I can empathize with Layla about having a little brother. I had two younger bros so I'll totally feel her pain. Ha, ha. I swear growing up they drove me nuts most of the time (always breaking my stuff, scaring me, etc.), but now I think they are hilarious and of course I love them to pieces. I know Layla will love her brother too even if he does bug her at times. Hey, that's what brothers are for, right?
And I guess it's only right we're having a boy so I can empathize with Layla about having a little brother. I had two younger bros so I'll totally feel her pain. Ha, ha. I swear growing up they drove me nuts most of the time (always breaking my stuff, scaring me, etc.), but now I think they are hilarious and of course I love them to pieces. I know Layla will love her brother too even if he does bug her at times. Hey, that's what brothers are for, right?
Most of all I am glad that our baby boy is doing well in there, all snug and warm while I am freezing. (I should have known it was a boy because with Layla I was always hot and with this baby I am always so cold.) So thankful we can go to the doctor and have ultrasounds and make sure all is well. Pregnancy and childbirth really is a miracle and I am thankful for the blessing of being able to do this even if it is uncomfortable at times.
So here's to Marcus Boy, and all his bug loving, dirt playing, sports playing days. I hope he is as sweet as his sister and as smart as his daddy. .
2 comments:
Hooray for a baby boy!!! I am so happy for you! And your house is beautiful. Congrats.
So excited for you! Layla will be a great big sister to a baby brother. And that's right, having only had little brothers yourself you will be able to empathize.
Post a Comment