12.01.2012

Stinky Face

Before I tell you about Layla's stinky face, do you want to know what's really stinky??? We still haven't moved! Ahhh! And that sure is stinky! Long story short, there were a few things the builder hadn't finished yet, some big some small, and so we refused to close. We did offer to close if they would sign something saying that they will have those items completed in 30 days, but they refused to do that. Hmmmm, think that tells us something? Well, I'm glad we stood our ground, because that was yesterday and we got a phone call this morning saying that most of the things (in particular the big things) had been completed today! Wow, look what threatening not to close will do! It gets work done! Ha, ha. So, were hoping to close Monday and move in next weekend.

So onto something else stinky, only this is cute. This is a picture of Layla's "stinky face." You should click on the picture and make it larger to get the full effect.
She makes this face not only when she thinks something is stinky, but also when she is smelling something, or when she doesn't like something. Or just to make us laugh. I keep telling her she better stop making that face before she enters junior high or else she won't have any friends. Ha, ha. I also love this picture because it shows her kitty, whom she LOVES, she takes him everywhere, sleeps with him every night and at nap time, and treats him like he's a real person by feeding him, talking to him, etc. It's hilarious. And we can get her to do anything by making the kitty "talk" to her and asking her to do whatever it is we want her to do. She always obeys the kitty. We love him as a result. Notice how he's wearing a bib? Ya, everything Layla does he does. He's become part of our family. The problem is he's getting really dirty and I need to wash him but she rarely leaves him alone so I'm having a hard time finding the time to wash him. Oh, and the other sweet thing was when I asked her, "Is the kitty your best friend?" and she said, "No, you are!" Oh.my.goodness.
We asked her to smile and show us her teeth and this is what we got.
We were playing Uno with her ... or at least she thought we were playing. Really we'd just lay the cards down in numerical order, but she was really into it. It was cute.
We raked a lot of leaves this fall between my parents' house and my grandma's house. 
This pic is old, but cute. I think she looks like she could be part of the Men In Black team.

Lately Layla will wake up and ask me, "What are we doing today, Mom?" Oh geez, most days nothing, so then I feel like I have to make up some fun agenda for us. Ha, ha. Poor girl. I can't wait until we move in our new house with all the little kids around so she has lots of friends to play with. 

1 comment:

melynda said...

congrats again on the baby!! good luck this week on the house and the move, i cant wait to see your house.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...