Let me introduce you to the many faces of Marcus:
 |
| The Happy Face |
 |
| The Trying SO Hard to Talk Face |
 |
| The Annoyed at Sister Face |
 |
| The Poop Face |
 |
| The Super Excited Face |
 |
| The Curious Face |
 |
| The "I'm So Hungry I Could Eat My Fist" Face |
I am so thankful to say that the last couple of weeks have been so much better than the first several weeks of Marcus's life! He is so much happier and sleeps way better than before. We still have our rough days, but at least they are fewer and farther in between!
 |
| 2 Months |
At his two month checkup Marcus weighed 11 lbs 14 oz (75th percentile) and is 22.5 inches long (45th percentile.) Short and squatty. He also got three immunizations, one of which included the tetanus shot and it must have made his leg sore because he was not a happy camper that evening.

We're still working on establishing a more predictable schedule, but we're getting there. He does sleep for one good 5 hour stretch at night, usually, and then another 3 hour stretch.
Layla, on the other hand, is no longer taking naps on most days. *Sigh* What a sad day. At least she stays in a relatively good mood most days, despite not usually napping. If she doesn't take a nap, I do make her have "quiet time" in her room though for at least one hour.
 |
| Guess who put the sprinkles on? |
Mitch ran a half marathon last weekend that his work sponsored. It started at 10 pm and they passed out glow sticks and different light things. Mitch got eaten alive by mosquitoes, but other than that seemed to have a great time. He finished in 1:55, which is awesome considering the course was flat and not downhill. He's pretty speedy! He even carried a bracelet that has a light in it the entire 13.1 miles so he could give it to Layla. What a nice Daddy!
 |
Sometimes I do nice things for her too like make a face out of her veggies.
She thinks it's hilarious. |
I just bought a bike stroller for a steal from our neighbor. Layla LOVES it! We just got it today. I'm wondering if I can rig something up for Marcus to sit in it, but I should probably just wait until next summer to take him.
I also called a lactation consultant to see if I can start training for a half marathon yet since I'm anxious to get back into racing. (I'm not fast by any means, I just love running for the endorphins and I love races because of the adrenaline high.) She basically told me I was crazy to think about training 8 weeks after my baby was born and that I need to wait several more months so that I don't hurt my milk supply. So not what I wanted to hear. Oh well. I guess there's always next summer ... gotta do what's best for this little guy:
2 comments:
I especially love the picture of his fist in his mouth! So cute!
I haven't read your blog in so long...I haven't read anyone's blog in so long. Anyways, I am glad I did. I loved having Layla hang out with us, and you have been there to help me out just as much. It's one of the great things about having really good friends. We love your family! I also love all of these pictures of Marcus.
Post a Comment