
We had lots of fun for Halloween. Layla had a Halloween party at preschool where they decorated sugar cookies and made a Halloween craft and wore their costumes. Well actually, Layla didn't wear her costume. I offered it to her but she said no "because it's not Halloween." It was the day before. She is so literal sometimes. Ha, ha!

We went to the ward Halloween party and carved pumpkins, which I mentioned in my previous post. On Halloween day I took the kids with my mom to go trick-or-treating a my sister-in-law's, Natalie's, work. She works in a huge office building with rows and rows of cubicles so Layla practically filled up her bucket! She was excited and kept saying, "Candy! Candy! CAANNDDYY!!!" Ha, ha. We went to lunch with my mom and Natalie afterwards at the only place we go to eat with my mom anymore: Zupa's. Layla loves it and so do I. I could eat their every single day. Seriously.

Mitch came home from being out of town that afternoon and we had a quick dinner in between passing out candy every 30 seconds. It really seemed like our doorbell rang at least once every minute and I would guess we easily had over 100 trick or treaters, maybe closer to 200. It was fun.
Mitch took Layla trick or treating around the block. She was SO excited and really, really wanted Mitch to dress up, so he wore an old dinosaur mask and gloves he had. It made her day, even though he only wore them for a few minutes since it was hard to see through the mask. But what a good sport. Layla LOVED trick or treating. Mitch said she was pretty chatty with everyone who was passing out candy. She told one neighbor that they had a lot of stairs on their porch, another lady that she has a cool Mickey Mouse pumpkin, etc. She's my little social butterfly, that's for sure!

Now we've been dealing with Layla begging for Halloween candy every day since. I can see why some parents bribe their kids to get rid of the candy. It's annoying. Plus, I eat it too. Can't help myself. All her chocolate candy is gone, except her Whoppers. Which reminds me, Layla's candy consists primarily of Whoppers, Smarties, and any kind of sucker. Apparently she still hasn't learned what the good stuff is. I'm trying to teach her. :)

Marcus seemed to really like being in his lobster costume. He would just hang out in there, content as could be. Maybe because whenever he was in the costume he was being held. That always makes him happy. He's just a happy little guy. Still not sleeping through the night, but wakes up as happy as can be. The other morning he would not stop smiling and Layla kept calling him "Mr. Happy Face." She thought of that all on her own and I think it fits him perfectly. He has the most handsome, happy little face and I must kiss those cheeks 1,000 times a day. I love that little man! I hope he remembers that when I start letting him cry it out in a couple of weeks. I decided I'd give him until his 6 month check up with the doctor then I'm going to do the cry it out thing. It worked with Layla and I'm desperate enough to try it again.


Anyways, we had a very happy Halloween around here and can't wait for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment