Marcus turned 8 months old almost a month ago! (I'm a little behind.) He learned how to clap and it is the.cutest!!! Whenever you say, "Yay!" he automatically starts clapping. I love it. He still is not mobile, which I am kind of grateful for because we have to install two baby gates in this house, and I think he's going to be crazy once he's mobile. But he does LOVE to stand and will stand next to the couch for up to an hour at a time!
Sorry, but here's a lot of pics of my little man. I couldn't pick a favorite.
| Showing off his bottom two teeth. |
| Fake coughing. |
![]() |
| Marcus is yelling in this picture. He yells a lot. Happy yells. He's loud. |
![]() |
| Layla at soccer. She gets a sucker at the end. |
![]() |
| Grocery shopping. Layla wanted to make the same face as Marcus. |
![]() |
| Layla fed her little princesses marshmallows and it made me laugh. |
![]() |
| She's beautiful even when she's trying to be silly. |
![]() |
| Silly. |
![]() |
| She loves to help Marcus "shake his booty" and it always makes him laugh. |
![]() |
| My little superman. |
![]() |
| She loves watercolors. |
The other night we were checking out my in-laws' new couches that have power recliners. I was going to recline my seat and Layla was sitting on the floor in front of me, so I said, "Watch out, Layla! I'm gonna get ya!" Without skipping a beat, she said, "Take your best shot, Mom!" Ha, ha! She cracks me up with the things she says!
Layla was talking about toys and somehow in the conversation we ended up talking about how some kids are poor and don't have many toys. Layla said, "But Santa brings everyone toys!" I tried to explain that some kids aren't as fortunate, but she wouldn't have it. Then she said, "Maybe Jesus can borrow Santa's sleigh and give everyone toys."
The only chore we are consistent with is having Layla feed Harvey dinner. It amazes me how at age 3 she already knows how to make excuses to get out of doing her only daily chore. She'll tell us that her "arms are too tired to feed Harvey."
Once when Mitch asked her to do something, she said, "You're not doing anything Dad, you can just do it."
After church we asked her what she learned about. She said, "Ummm, Jesus all the time, I think." Yep, sounds about right!
Layla is really into clothes right now. I know, we're in for it. She likes to pick out my clothes too, which I don't usually end up wearing what she picks, because it usually involves dresses and high heels and I don't want to wear those every day (or any day really, but I make an exception for church). The other day she told me I should wear my high heels and, "This (my bra), for your nipples!" Ha, ha, ha!
She was getting dressed for preschool and I asked her to wear an undershirt under her dress. She asked why and I tried to explain that her dress was a knitted material and it was a little bit see through and I wanted her to be modest. She didn't understand the whole modesty concept, and eventually said, "Oh, because the dress is see through and we don't want anyone to see my nipples?" Trying to hurry, I said yes, and we finally finished getting her dressed. The mom who taught preschool that day called me after and said, "Layla said the funniest thing today! (ooohhhh no.) She said that she was wearing an undershirt so no one could see her nipples!" Oh goody. Modesty = not showing your nipples.
Layla was talking about toys and somehow in the conversation we ended up talking about how some kids are poor and don't have many toys. Layla said, "But Santa brings everyone toys!" I tried to explain that some kids aren't as fortunate, but she wouldn't have it. Then she said, "Maybe Jesus can borrow Santa's sleigh and give everyone toys."
The only chore we are consistent with is having Layla feed Harvey dinner. It amazes me how at age 3 she already knows how to make excuses to get out of doing her only daily chore. She'll tell us that her "arms are too tired to feed Harvey."
Once when Mitch asked her to do something, she said, "You're not doing anything Dad, you can just do it."
After church we asked her what she learned about. She said, "Ummm, Jesus all the time, I think." Yep, sounds about right!
Layla is really into clothes right now. I know, we're in for it. She likes to pick out my clothes too, which I don't usually end up wearing what she picks, because it usually involves dresses and high heels and I don't want to wear those every day (or any day really, but I make an exception for church). The other day she told me I should wear my high heels and, "This (my bra), for your nipples!" Ha, ha, ha!
She was getting dressed for preschool and I asked her to wear an undershirt under her dress. She asked why and I tried to explain that her dress was a knitted material and it was a little bit see through and I wanted her to be modest. She didn't understand the whole modesty concept, and eventually said, "Oh, because the dress is see through and we don't want anyone to see my nipples?" Trying to hurry, I said yes, and we finally finished getting her dressed. The mom who taught preschool that day called me after and said, "Layla said the funniest thing today! (ooohhhh no.) She said that she was wearing an undershirt so no one could see her nipples!" Oh goody. Modesty = not showing your nipples.
The other day Layla was playing on the couch and Marcus was standing in front of the couch like he loves to do. He managed to take a toy from her and she said, "Marcus! You're ruining all my fun! You always ruin my fun!" Ohhhh no.It begins.
That being said, you should see how much fun those two have together. They never giggle more than when they're together. Layla can make Marcus laugh harder than anyone else, and she loves making him laugh. It's totally adorable.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
Lacey, I cant believe I haven't read your blog for so long! It was fun catching up. Even though I see you and talk to you so often, it is fun to see the pics and read your thoughts and descriptions on the daily activities of your cute, wonderful family!!! You and Mitch are great parents and we love you all!
Post a Comment