7.23.2017

4th Annual Girls Trip!


Nicole, Oakley, Layla, and I hit up St George for the 4th year in a row! This year we saw Newsies and it did not disappoint! It was excellent! Tuacahn does a great job with their plays and this one was probably my favorite of the ones we've seen (Little Mermaid, Upon a Wish, Peter Pan, and Newsies).




We stayed with my grandpa and Zing. It's a long story, but we ended up going with my grandpa to some lady's farm. He met this lady at a restaurant where she had a parrot with her and he asked her about it. She told him she has a farm with lots of exotic animals. He told her his great granddaughter was coming to visit and asked if we could go to her house and see her animals. So that's how we ended up there. Of course, we were all dressed nice, not expecting to get dirty, but we ended up walking through dirt corrals FILLED with goat, sheep, and horse poop. I also grew up with horses and we kept our farm area significantly nicer than this lady did! It was disgusting and poorly planned out. Anyways, she had over 130 animals of over 30 different species. We saw sugar gliders, snakes, a macaw, parrots, hedgehogs, emus, chinchilla, rabbits, horses, cows, goats, sheep, cockatiels, turtles, etc. Her house was completely disgusting, as you can imagine with that many animals inside and out, and I was so glad when we left. I grew up with animals, but the way this lady kept them was so messy and smelly! We finally left when one of the sheep kept chewing on mine and Oakley's skirts! Poor Oakley, she was so freaked out! It was quite the experience. My crazy grandpa, always making us do weird things we don't want to do. That's a story for another day...






 We also enjoyed eating out and shopping, of course! The 5 hour drive always flies by when I get to chat with Nicole. I seriously look forward to our trip every year. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...