Today Mitch spoke in church. He's the ward mission leader and the theme this month is missionary work ... so naturally, he and the sister missionaries spoke on missionary work. Mitch gave a wonderful talk and I really felt the spirit as he spoke about being a friend and an example to our neighbors, friends, and family. I am so glad to have a husband with such a strong testimony, who helps me when I struggle, and who is always a good example to me. Mitch is the kindest, gentlest, smartest, most patient, and most loving person I know. He treats me like a princess. I am so thankful that he honors his priesthood and for the spirit he brings to our home. (Sorry, I know this sounds cliche and a little cheesy, but it's really how I feel.) I love my hubby! He gave a great talk, and sacrament meeting was great. Also, I gave my Sunday School class Tootsie Pops, hoping it would keep them from talking incessantly as they would be sucking on suckers ... and it worked! They actually got into the lesson and I think they learned something. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!
After church, we went to Mitch's grandma's house. We really haven't seen the Bott side of the family in a long time. We had the "Halloween Dinner" where all of the food items for Hawaiian haystacks are named something. For example, the rice is "skeleton bones" and the sauce is "condensed vampire breath." It's cute and fun. It was good to see everyone.
Well, tomorrow starts another week. I was extra busy this last week: midterms, splits w/the sisters, Mitch and I went to the temple, group project meetings for school, voting, visiting teaching, baby shower, the gym, etc. As busy as life can get, if I put the Lord first I always have time to accomplish everything and then some. It amazes me sometimes. I'm so thankful for Sundays when I can go to church and reflect on the week. It makes me realize how blessed I am.
10.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
No comments:
Post a Comment