1.14.2009
Sister Missionaries
Sister missionaries are special people. And I have every right to say that since I was one. :) I went on splits with the sisters in our area last night. I didn't want to go. But, Mitch is the ward mission leader, so every time people don't volunteer to go on splits, I have to go. Usually I don't mind, but last night was American Idol night, so I didn't want to go. I was aware that it was wrong of me to complain about missing American Idol when I knew (from my own mission) how much the sisters need someone to go on splits. I knew that I would have a chance to feel the Spirit, bear my testimony, and hopefully help someone else learn the truth for himself. I knew all that, but still, I didn't want to go. Of course, I went anyways and I am so glad I did! We visited a widow in our ward and I felt the Spirit so strong as this elderly woman testified about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel. I smiled to myself when the sister missionary said the closing prayer, and yawned three times during her prayer (I remember how it is to be so tired. Mission = being constantly tired) We also met a woman who just moved here from Virginia. The sister missionary I was with started teaching her about the Book of Mormon. At first, this woman was practically mocking us. I could tell she thought we were just "little girls" as they'd call us on my mission. But after we both testified that we knew Christ's church had been restored, this woman had a complete attitude change. She said she would read the book. I realize that A LOT of people "say" they will read it, but I really think she will. We said a prayer of faith for her as we got back in the car. I love experiencing the power of bearing testimony. It's been too long since I vocally bore my testimony. I was so thankful for that opportunity last night. It was nice to be a "missionary" again, even if it was only for a few hours. (And I was glad I wasn't a missionary this morning so I didn't have to wake up at 6:30. Ha,ha)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
I graduated from college. Holy cow, I can't believe I'm done!! I'm just so happy. Mitch is so sweet and brought me purple and w...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
Layla is learning so much lately! Or maybe we are ... we finally learned which bottle she prefers to eat from (thanks again for the tip, Jul...
2 comments:
Oh Lacey! You are too good! I'm proud you :) I wanted to be a missionary, maybe when I'm an old person I can go. It sounds so neat!
Lacey, He came up on tues. because he was hicking up ogden canyon and called on his way back down it was at like 3:00 in the after noone he was still planing on comming up on thurs. but then decided to leave early he left on wed.
Post a Comment