3.14.2009

Happy Birthday Miotch STi!

It was Mitch's birthday last week. Or should I say, "Miotch STi?" (Miotch, nickname from roommates in college + STi, the Subaru he drives = Miotch STi, Mitch's x-box gamer name.) Also the name I put on his birthday cake, complete with race cars. Hee,hee. Mitch turned the big 28! I made him waffles for breakfast and I made his lunch. I know, such a good little wifey. Actually, if I really was a good little wifey, I would make him breakfast and lunch every day instead of just on his birthday ...
I did plan a good surprise for him though. I
blindfolded Mitch, put him in the car, and told him we were going somewhere nice for dinner. When I pulled the blindfold off, Mitch was so happy to find we were at Tepanyaki. We walked inside, and lo and behold, Mitch's friends were already seated at our table! It was a great surprise and I think Mitch had a good time. I even took a cake over to the restaurant early, so the waiter brought it out after our meal. It was awesome.Here's the problem with Mitch's birthday though: I usually start thinking about what to get him in January. Why so early you ask? Because Mitch is nearly impossible to buy for. Everything he wants he either goes and buys for himself, or it costs $500 or more. I had a couple of good ideas, but they all cost more than we would normally spend on a birthday, so I didn't want to buy him one of my ideas unless I knew for sure that he wanted it. So, as usual, his presents were not a surprise. (I guess that's why I wanted to surprise him with the dinner/friend thing since I can never surprise him with his gifts.) After discussing it, I ended up getting him a paint sprayer and an I-pod adapter for his car. Lame, I know. That's what he really wanted though! And not because I'm a slave driver and can't WAIT to have our kitchen done (which the paint sprayer will make the remont go faster). He's actually excited about the paint sprayer; supposedly he can paint cars with it. (Don't tell anyone, but he even opened the paint sprayer and made fake spraying noises and walked around the house, pretending to spray paint stuff. Ha,ha. It was funny though and I'm glad he liked his gifts.) In my defense, I begged him to get something fun and enjoyable. There's always next year I guess. I'm glad Mitch had a great birthday. My family spoiled him with gifts and we still have one more celebration to go with his family. I'm sure they'll spoil him also (as usual).
I hope you had a good birthday, Mitch! You deserve it! You're my best friend and I appreciate all you do for me. I love you!!!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

No, I am not even close to finishing the book. It has been very slow for me because of school and also because the book itself has been quite slow for me too. It has just started picking up though and I haven't completely lost hope in it, yet...I think I am going to stick with it just to see what all the praise about this book is about.

It was kinda funny when I asked the girl who lent me the book if it was okay that I keep it for a while longer because it is going to take me forever to finish and she said, "yah just take it with you to North Carolina and mail it to me when your finished." I laughed because I really didn't think that it was going to take me THAT long but she says that it is such a deep thought provoking novel that it would be totally normal if it took that long to read it.

Anyway, I think I am in for the long run...By the way, to give you an idea of where I am I have only made it to page 150 hehe, I am awful!

The Clark said...

i've never met mitch, but i think you guys are a great couple. really solid. i love seeing that.

my sister is married to a mitch and she calls him miotch too. i call him "chul" because one time i was complaining about my name - how much i hate the "chul" part at the end, then i looked sheepishly up at mitch & promptly took my foot out of my mouth! now we call one another chul.

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...