4.23.2009

Mitch is Mad at Me

Or mabye "annoyed" is a better word. Poor guy has been working so hard on our kitchen and I slowed down his progress tonight. I went visiting teaching and when I came home Mitch was outside. We talked for a minute and I went inside. On my way downstairs, I touched the railing, not knowing that Mitch had just touched it up with black paint. So yeah, I got some black paint on my thumb. Not a lot, but enough that Mitch had to touch it up again. He laughed it off and said sorry for forgetting to tell me not to touch the railing.
Well, guess what ... that's right ... not less that ONE hour later, I touched the stupid railing AGAIN! Only this time it was much worse. It got ALL over my hand and stupid me, the second I realized what I had done I gasped outloud and rubbed my hands together! What was I thinking???
This time Mitch was mad and said, "DON'T touch that!! This is the third time I've had to paint that tonight!!"
Ooops! I know he was mad, but honestly, I thought it was funny. It only took two or three minutes for Mitch to touch it up (each time), so it wasn't a major set back, but I felt bad that I caused him so much anxiety.
He was so upset that he made a sign that says, "Don't touch!" and hung it on the railing. Ha,ha. I'm sorry, Mitch! I hope you still love me. :)
And just for the record, I totally blame my dad for my almost non-existent short-term memory.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

You are so funny! I love the sign, that's hilarious!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...