4.06.2009

Tile Upon Tile, Precept Upon Precept

Yup, that was our weekend: tile and the Good Word of general conference. Mitch and his dad tiled our entire kitchen over the weekend. It looks AMAZING and I am so happy with it. THANK YOU so much, KEVIN, for your help!!! And THANKS, Mtich, for your hard work too!

Lest you think I did nothing, I'll have you know that I have now scrubbed the entire tile floor 6 times in order to get the haze of grout off. Now we just have to get the beadboard painted and put on the walls, paint the bar stools and light fixture, and put up new baseboard and chair rail. I'm
so excited to see the final product. I love it thus far. I can't thank my father-in-law enough for spending his ENTIRE weekend at our house and my mother-in-law for her patience while Kevin spent the whole weekend helping Mitch. Thanks you guys!!! As always, I enjoyed listening to general conference this weekend. I was glad for the prophet's message of hope despite our economic circumstances. One thing President Monson said really struck me, "Your future is as bright as your faith." I love that and I truly believe it's true. It gives me hope that my children will grow up with safe, spiritual, and happy surroundings despite the wickedness that prevails in the world. I truly believe that despite the horrible things going on around us, there is still plenty of good and beauty in the world; things that will inspire, uplift, and encourage my children to be good people, live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and help others along their way. I think that too often we get caught up in the bad things and forget all the good. It truly is our faith that makes our future bright. With faith in Christ we can do all things.

Also, between conference sessions on Sunday, Mitch and I rode this beauty around the neighborhood.Isn't that awesome?? My grandparents bought this tandem bike brand new about 50 years ago. My uncle restored it and painted it dark green. He gave it to us when we went to Cali last year. We decided that this bike is great for anyone who needs relationship/couples counseling. You have to communicate well and work together to ride this bike without crashing! We didn't crash so I guess we communicate pretty well. It's a little scary until you get used to it, but it's a very comfortable ride!On the back fender the name, "Ethel" is printed in black letters. Ethel is my great-grandma's name, so I guess either my grandparents or uncle decided to name the bike Ethel. I'll have to ask who did that, it's pretty funny. We plan on cruisin' around on our Schwinn Twinn this summer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lacey, I love it!! It is looking sooooo good! I am jealous...tell Mitch if he gets bored (and has a lot of money to spare) he can come and work on renovating our house!! WE will have to try out that awesome bike!

martha said...

It looks awesome! Will you come tile my bathroom? I can't wait to see the whole kitchen.

Chelsi Archibald said...

Thats freaking awesome! I'm so jealous of your tandem bike!

Kevin said...

Your kitchen and your bike are both fabulous!!!

Kara said...

Great post. I especially love the title! :) So clever!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...