6.06.2009
Does Anyone Actually Like Fondant?
Oh wait ... my sugar-addict husband does. Did you know that fondant basically consists of marshmallows and powdered sugar? I had no idea. Tonight my friend Nicole taught me how to make fondant and decorate cakes. Fondant is actually easier to make from scratch than I thought. It was a little messy, but fun. I think my cakes turned out okay for my first attempt. Next time will be better.
Watch out people! I'm going to master this cake decorating thing. Hopefully I don't gain 50 pounds in the process. I really like cake batter. Ha,ha. Thanks Nicole for teaching me how to make fondant. We'll have to keep practicing. Maybe I'll make my mom a super cute cake for her birthday. Any requests, Mom??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
I graduated from college. Holy cow, I can't believe I'm done!! I'm just so happy. Mitch is so sweet and brought me purple and w...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
I am!!! April . 2 . 2010 . We are ecstatic.
3 comments:
Adorable cake Lacey! Can I get your fondant recipe? I have always used the pre-made stuff. I love the way fondant looks, but I hate the way it tastes.
I still love the colors in your second cake. They even look good in the picture :) That was fun, I think we should do it again soon!
I'm not a huge cake eater but I could see how decorating them would be really fun. Yours turned out really cute!
Post a Comment