7.18.2009

"Baby, Write This Down, Take A Little Note ...

... to remind you in case you didn't know ..." yes, I went to the George Strait concert tonight. And no, I did NOT pay for my ticket; I honestly don't know why anyone would pay to watch George Strait stand in one spot, strum his guitar, and sing. It was so B-O-R-I-N-G!! He didn't even do anything cool or have any special effects. I will admit, he has an excellent voice, I really like a lot of his songs, and I think he's handsome. But he's so lame to watch, let alone spend money to watch him stand in one spot and sing. Concerts are supposed to be a form of entertainment, not doldrums. Anyways, my parents have some awesome friends, the Terry Wrights, who often invite them to concerts at the Usana amphitheater for free. I try to tag along as often as I can. Let me just say how insanely crowded this concert was. I was baffled at how many people showed up. We ended up leaving early to beat traffic home considering it took us almost two hours to get there from my parents house, which is totally ridiculous. On the way home the radio d.j. said that George hasn't performed in Utah for over ten years. No wonder it was sold out; people have waited ten years to see this guy stand in one spot and sing. Ha,ha.

Okay, it really wasn't THAT bad, but I would definitely never pay to see him, even if I do know all the words to most of his songs. I am glad that I got to spend some time with my cool padres though. They're fun to hang out with. I meant to wear my authentic George Strait Collection cowgirl hat that I got during my short-lived barrel racing days, but it was WAY too hot outside to be wearing a hat (by the way, my secret plan is to have our little girl beg Mitch, with her most convincing pouty face, for a pony. Then I'll have to get a horse too so I can teach her how to ride. It will be great. And if that doesn't work, I'll have her beg her Grandpa Miles. Ha,ha.) Here's a video of one of my favorite George Strait songs; pay attention, or don't because he doesn't do anything anyways. Just listen to his soothing voice. And trust me, this is as exciting as it got.
Also, I just heard that they're releasing the movie, "Where The Wild Things Are" on October 16th.
I LOVED that book as a kid and I can't wait to see the movie. That's awesome. Now I have to buy the book so I can read all 10 pages or whatever it is before the movie comes out. :)

1 comment:

toonefam said...

Glad to hear I didnt miss anything new. I saw him 10 years ago and he did the same thing. To think he is nominated for entertainer of the year all the time. I do love his voice and his amazingly good looks though!!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...