We had some good times last weekend. We went camping on Friday night with some neighbors. It was a lot of fun despite the fact that Mitch hates camping. We stayed up Ogden canyon at the Meadows campground; not nearly as pretty as Big or Little Cottonwood canyons, but it was pretty enough. (I've said it before ... the Salt Lake canyons are the prettiest!) The original plan was to float the river, we even borrowed my parents two-man raft, but the river was too low to float. We'll have to go earlier in the year next time. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures, so you'll have to take my word for it that we had fun. The only downer was the tent. We borrowed my parents' tent and it sucked. The door had a broken zipper. It took us about twenty minutes to get it zipped up after we set the tent up, so we didn't want to use that door at all. Instead we used the "doggy door" on the tent. I don't know if it's an actual doggy door or what, but that's the only use I can think of for the tiny door on the bottom of the tent. I fit through the door pretty well but it's a bit of a squeeze for Mitch. We both laughed so hard everytime we watched the other one go in and out of the doggy door. So funny.Of course we made S'mOreos. (You roast a marshmallow and then put it in between an Oreo.) We've used mint Oreos and Double Stuffed Oreos and they're both favorites. The mint S'mOreo is a little more favorite though.
Even though Mitch hates camping, he actually had a good time. Maybe it was partly because there were tons of little kids with us and they were HILARIOUS! Kids roaming wild in the outdoors... so funny. Plus, the food was really good. Our friends, the Musters, are excellent dutch oven/fire cookers. I think Martha could have been Laura Ingalls. Thanks again, guys, we had a great time.
On Saturday Mitch had to get fitted for a tux for my baby bro's wedding next month. We decided that since we were in SLC we should do something there that we can't do at home. First, we got free slurpees from 7-11 (they give free slurpees on July 11th every year because it's 7/11. Cool huh?). Then we went to the world's biggest dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was awesome. Mitch was OBSESSED with dinos as a kid, so I thought he would like the museum. He did enjoy it. I did too. We also saw a 3-D movie about whales and dolphins on the I-max screen and it was really cool. Here's Mitch scared to death of the big T-Rex that's coming to eat him. I love Mitch's face in this picture. Ha,ha.
After that exciting time we went and ate dinner at Hire's Big H. My grandma Ruth and brother LOVE that restuarant. I haven't been there in a very long time and Mitch had never been. We both loved it. We got a rootbeer freeze. I have to say, Hire's has the best homemade rootbeer ever. Way better than Call's and The Pie's. Plus, Hire's has amazing fries and fry sauce. Now I'm hungry just thinking about it. I'm glad we got to enjoy the night considering it was all last minute and totally on a whim.
4 comments:
Last minute and totally on a whim usually turn out to be the most fun or the most memorable, sometimes both!! Fun to hear of your adventure's!
That is a fun picture of Mitch! Lydia thinks that it is a funny picture of Mitch. She is supposed to be in bed, but is still up with me.
That is awesome 7/11 gives free slurpees out on 7/11, I had no idea!
I am glad that the t-rex didn't eat Mitch. Kevin would have been devastated, ha ha! It looks like you had a good time, and I am impressed you got Mitch to go camping. I don't think I could get Kevin to go camping unless Mitch was there :)
Post a Comment