alk home and feel refreshed from the hot sun. Now this little girl had not only lemonade, but key chains and Domino coupon cards as well. Plus, the lemonade was already poured and sitting out in the cups. Sure, that means it's all ready to go, but it also means it's warm. I asked her how much for the lemonade, she said, "Well, it's 50 cents, but for you it's only 25." Sweet! Little girl likes me and I get a discount. Don't worry, I still paid her the entire 50 cents. (It's actually 50 cents for adults and 25 cents for kids ... Smart little girl, huh? Everyone knows that adults have more money, most of them anyways.) I picked up my cup of warm lemonade and started to walk away. Before I left she said, "Just so you know, you get a free lemonade when you buy a Domino's card." Wow, what a little business woman! I asked how much the Domino's cards were, "They're $10. But my dad only paid $1 for each one so it's a great deal for us!" Ha,ha, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to tell your customers that. I just smiled and told her I didn't have that much cash, which I really didn't. Maybe when Mitch gets home we'll go back. And Mitch can drink the free glass of warm lemonade that is included with our purchase of our very own Domino's card. That cracks me up. While the lemonade was warm, it was PINK lemonade, which I prefer over regular. Plus, I put it in the freezer when I got home and it got cold really fast.
7.27.2009
There's Nothing Like Warm Lemonade on a Hot Summer Day
Yes, I said WARM lemonade. There is a cute little girl who lives right by us and she frequently sets up a lemonade stand. Her stand is WAY better than the cardboard sign and card table I used as a kid. Anyways, I felt bad because all summer long I've been driving by this diligent little girl and I never stopped to buy any lemonade. (I did wave though.) So today, after driving by her stand twice, I decided to walk over and buy some lemonade. I figured I could drink it on my short w
alk home and feel refreshed from the hot sun. Now this little girl had not only lemonade, but key chains and Domino coupon cards as well. Plus, the lemonade was already poured and sitting out in the cups. Sure, that means it's all ready to go, but it also means it's warm. I asked her how much for the lemonade, she said, "Well, it's 50 cents, but for you it's only 25." Sweet! Little girl likes me and I get a discount. Don't worry, I still paid her the entire 50 cents. (It's actually 50 cents for adults and 25 cents for kids ... Smart little girl, huh? Everyone knows that adults have more money, most of them anyways.) I picked up my cup of warm lemonade and started to walk away. Before I left she said, "Just so you know, you get a free lemonade when you buy a Domino's card." Wow, what a little business woman! I asked how much the Domino's cards were, "They're $10. But my dad only paid $1 for each one so it's a great deal for us!" Ha,ha, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to tell your customers that. I just smiled and told her I didn't have that much cash, which I really didn't. Maybe when Mitch gets home we'll go back. And Mitch can drink the free glass of warm lemonade that is included with our purchase of our very own Domino's card. That cracks me up. While the lemonade was warm, it was PINK lemonade, which I prefer over regular. Plus, I put it in the freezer when I got home and it got cold really fast.
alk home and feel refreshed from the hot sun. Now this little girl had not only lemonade, but key chains and Domino coupon cards as well. Plus, the lemonade was already poured and sitting out in the cups. Sure, that means it's all ready to go, but it also means it's warm. I asked her how much for the lemonade, she said, "Well, it's 50 cents, but for you it's only 25." Sweet! Little girl likes me and I get a discount. Don't worry, I still paid her the entire 50 cents. (It's actually 50 cents for adults and 25 cents for kids ... Smart little girl, huh? Everyone knows that adults have more money, most of them anyways.) I picked up my cup of warm lemonade and started to walk away. Before I left she said, "Just so you know, you get a free lemonade when you buy a Domino's card." Wow, what a little business woman! I asked how much the Domino's cards were, "They're $10. But my dad only paid $1 for each one so it's a great deal for us!" Ha,ha, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to tell your customers that. I just smiled and told her I didn't have that much cash, which I really didn't. Maybe when Mitch gets home we'll go back. And Mitch can drink the free glass of warm lemonade that is included with our purchase of our very own Domino's card. That cracks me up. While the lemonade was warm, it was PINK lemonade, which I prefer over regular. Plus, I put it in the freezer when I got home and it got cold really fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
1 comment:
My question is, did Mitch drink his free lemonade? One day she may be quite the business woman, if she doesnt tell all the secrets. So cute to here of other parents having there kids outside in the summer. Enough with the electronic entertainment. Cute Blog!!!
Post a Comment