We just got back from the doctor; baby girl is healthy as can be, which is great news! And the baby is for sure a girl. During the ultrasound she had one hand in front of her face, trying to suck her thumb. The problem was she couldn't quite get her thumb in her mouth. Ha,ha. It was pretty cute. I'm sure she'll figure it out soon enough. We both thought the 4-D ultrasound was a little weird. Cool, but weird. It was easy to see her features, but hard to tell what she looks like at the same time ... if that makes any sense at all ... but her heart and spinal cord and whatever else they checked are all normal and healthy. The whole thing happened so fast it was hard to tell what the technician was looking at. But she said everything looks great and my due date is still April 2nd. I feel like this 9 months is going by pretty fast. I definitely look pregnant now, which I have mixed feelings about. I know it's healthy/normal/expected to gain weight during pregnancy, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. I mean, who enjoys gaining weight at a rapid pace? At least it will be worth it in the end. And she'll be here before we know it! We are SO glad everything is going so well. Here are some pics. The 4-D one is at the bottom. It's kind of weird, huh?


It looks like she has an up-turned nose, which neither of us have. And no one in our families have an up-turned nose. Maybe her nose isn't finished cooking yet and she'll look completely different when she's born. But either way, isn't she cute???
We haven't really done anything to get ready besides the furniture that Mitch finished. We decided to wait until after the holidays since the holiday season is already such a busy time. However, I did go shopping with my mom to look at crib sets. She pointed a really cute one out that happened to be on sale. Because they only have 2 left at the store, it was a final sale and you can't return it. I was worried I would buy it and then find out it's not a girl and not be able to return it. So, I put it on hold until we found out for sure that it's a girl. I guess we can buy it now. Here it is.

I think it's adorable. I like it because it's not pink. Nor is it completely babyish. The little flowers on the bumper and quilt are actual fabric flowers that pop out of the fabric. And the butterfly wings are also fabric wings that are 3-D. It's pretty much adorable.But, other than this crib set, we'll probably wait until the new year to do much else. I just want to enjoy the holidays and worry about everything else later.
3 comments:
Neato! Yay for girls!
I am glad that it is still a girl!!! Oakley needs a friend. I love the bedding, and think you should buy it now :)
The 4-D is kinda cool, I had no idea about that, crazy. Cute bedding (USA Baby ??? perhaps ??) Well regardless it's adorable.
Post a Comment