12.17.2009

Half Way There

She'll be here before we know it; we only have 3.5 months left! I can't believe how fast it's going by. We had a doctor's appointment last week and the baby is doing great. The doctor did say she's "a tad small," but he didn't seem too concerned. Hopefully she'll catch up in the next couple of weeks. I did ask him about my bloody noses. According to him, it's perfectly normal to have 2 bloody noses a day. Good to know I'm normal. I just wish they'd stop. I've been trying vaseline the last couple of days. It seems to help some, but my nose still bleeds at least once a day. Other than that, I feel great. I really can't complain. Mitch is a great help and is always trying to make me more comfortable. He's so sweet.
The baby kicks a lot more now and Mitch has felt her move a few times. It's pretty cute how excited he gets when he feels her move. We're both really excited, I just hope the second half goes by as fast as the first. We still need to get a crib. Mitch said he'll make that his Christmas break project since he has time off work after Christmas. I want to get a crib that we can paint so it will match the furniture. And by that, I mean, "one that Mitch can paint," since I wouldn't be much help in that department. Ha,ha. Plus, it will turn out way better if Mitch does it because he's such a perfectionist.
I think the only one who won't be ready for baby is Harvey. Pretty sure he'll freak out when he no longer gets 100% of our love and affection. Poor kitty. He's so social and LOVES attention so this change will be hard for him. Hopefully he and baby can be friends. We'll find out soon enough ... for now I just wish he'd stay out of the Christmas tree!!!

2 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

Harvey will love the baby...eventually! I am glad that everything is going well, and that you are feeling good (beside the annoying bloody noses).

melynda said...

hey, glad to hear you are half way done! being pregnant is hard, but it will go by so fast. thats so exciting you are having a girl, p.s. i love the name delilah. just in case you were wondering!!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...