1.02.2010

2010

All weekend Mitch and I have been saying how weird it is that it's 2010. Shouldn't we be driving flying cars by now? 2010 always seemed so far away, so futuristic, and now here it is, staring us in the face ...
On New Year's we went to our friend's house for a party. It was fun and we played some very competitive rounds of Family Feud. Boys against girls. I really hope all of the wives let their husbands sleep in their bed that night; it got pretty heated. Ha,ha. And for the record, "My baby is crying" is indeed the same as, "my baby needs me."
Everyone brought their kids, which is fine, but it also meant that the party ended at about 10:30. And I was okay with that because I was SO tired thanks to my overworked, pregnant body. Mitch and I were last to leave just after 11:00. We had fun and ate a lot of good food. We always enjoy hanging out with our neighbors and friends. We came home and got ready for bed and by that time it was 11:45, so we decided to stay up and watch the ball drop. And then we both crashed in the bed and slept for a long time. We're so exciting, I know.

New Year's always makes me think of what I want to accomplish that year. I recently went to a class where the speaker said there are four areas in life that we should strive to find a balance between: mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional. So this year I decided to set a goal that corresponds to each area.
Mental = improve editing skills with freelance work and reading.
Physical = run another half marathon, probably Top of Utah again.
Spiritual = finally finish reading the Old Testament.
Emotional = revive my sewing skills. (Okay, not sure sewing counts as an emotional goal, but sewing can calm emotions or cause them, so I'm counting it.)
That's it. Pretty sure between my goals and our firstborn joining the family, I will have plenty to keep me busy. Oh, and to help me with the reading portion of my goal, I got these today with my stash of gift cards:
Books. Six of them. And 81 cents left over on my Barnes and Noble gift card. I was so happy. I LOVE books. I can't wait to read them.

2010 will be great, even if we don't have flying cars yet. Someday though, someday.

1 comment:

Chelsi Archibald said...

I too love buying books. So I know how you feel. Its wonderful when you get a gift card to Barnes :)

Lady! We need to hang out ASAP!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...