5.30.2010
Harvey and the Magpie
The past few weeks, Harvey has found a nemesis in the neighborhood. There is a magpie that he hates and that hates him. Every morning we hear that weird magpie noise and look out to see Harvey fighting a magpie. At first we thought they were okay with each other. The magpie would walk around maybe 5 feet from Harvey and Harvey would just ignore it. Then one day while we were eating dinner, Harvey was walking around the railing on our deck and a magpie swooped down, landed behind Harvey and started pecking at him. Harvey doesn't have the most incredible balance, especially for a cat, and he didn't do a good job defending himself since he couldn't turn around to face the magpie. The bird flew off when we jumped up from the table to get a better look at what was going on. Ever since then every time Harvey goes outside we hear a magpie and see them facing off. No wounds yet, and we hope they they keep it clean, but magpies are annoying dirty birds, and we hope that it doesn't fight dirty. It has been hard to get good video of them fighting since they both will bolt when they see us coming. We did manage to get these two videos where Harvey seems to have the upper hand (sorry the second video is sideways).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
I graduated from college. Holy cow, I can't believe I'm done!! I'm just so happy. Mitch is so sweet and brought me purple and w...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
I am!!! April . 2 . 2010 . We are ecstatic.
2 comments:
Tell Harvey good luck from me. I hope he gets those magpies. They are driving me nuts!
Harvey seems to have the quirkiest personality, he makes me laugh. I loved it whenever he swung his tail at the magpie, stupid birds.
Post a Comment