I made it a point to take some pics today.
Here is Layla Bug's typical day in pictures:
She woke up and had rice cereal. These are the first three pics I got after I took out the camera. I didn't even have to try to make her smile; she just knew what to do. She's becoming quite the character.
She took a nap for 1 1/2 hours.
She bounced in her jumper. She likes to lunge at you if you sit close enough.
She took another nap for 1 1/2 hours.
We went grocery shopping in the rain, came home and made dinner.
When Daddy got home from work he and Bug hung out until he went to Scouts.
She went downstairs with Daddy while I made her some baby food because she is scared to death of the blender. Yummy, right?
She ate some green beans for the first time.
She wasn't a big fan. She gagged almost every time I put some in her mouth. The full body gag where even her shoulders shake. It was hilarious.
Now it's 8 p.m. and she's ready to have some more mommy milk and go to bed. And that, my friends, is a typical day in the life of a 6 month old. Not bad, huh?
Side note: I will say that her favorite food is still Mommy Milk. I had a dream the other night that her first word was "momma milk" and she kept saying it to everyone and I was sort of embarrassed that momma milk was her first word. Ha,ha. I don't mind breastfeeding her, but the baby food is nice too because then Mitch can have turns feeding her. I think they enjoy that time together. I'm glad I chose to breastfeed and most of all, I'm glad that I can! It has it's challenges and it's not always convenient, but it's also a good bonding experience and I get to cuddle Layla several times a day. I thank Heavenly Father every day that I get to be her mommy. I feel so lucky!!!
2 comments:
She's such a little cutie pie! Looks like she's taking to baby food better this time around.
This post was a flashback for me. I had a very similar post about Oakley when she was 6 months old - it kind of made me sad :)
Layla is so cute!
Post a Comment