10.11.2010

Lately

Guess who turned 6 months old??? I can't believe it! Time flies too fast. She sits up like a champ now. And she loves her baby food. Except for green beans. I don't blame her though. (When I was a kid I used to shove as many green beans into my mouth as I could, chew a little, then spit them out in my napkin when no one was looking. Then I would wad the napkin up in my fist, excuse myself to the restroom, and flush the green bean wad down the toilet. I know that 's a lot of work to go through just to avoid eating a few green beans, but I really hated them that bad. So I can't blame Layla for not liking them.) On the other hand she LOVES butternut squash! She's a happy, funny, hyper little girl. She loves to play and be tossed around. She loves Harvey. If you hold her hands while she is standing, she will actually take a few steps towards Harvey. I keep saying she's going to walk before she crawls! When she gets upset she blows raspberries while she whines. It's so cute and funny. When she gets excited she bounces. It's hard to hold onto her when she's bouncing in your arms! The last 6 months have been great though. Mitch and I love being Bug's parents. She makes us really happy. And I think we make her happy too.
We had some family pics taken with Mitch's family. We went up Ogden Canyon to have our pics done by the Bott sign (as in Bott, our last name). Get it? They turned out really cute! Good suggestion, Kathy!
I have relinquished all of Bug's physical characteristics over to the Bott family. I always expected our daughters to look like me and our sons to look like Mitch, but evidently I was wrong. So, I give up; I have too many recessive genes; Layla is all Bott. I used to think she looked exactly like Mitch, and while I think they look a lot alike, I actually think she looks most like Mitch's sister, Katie.
I guess if my own daughter isn't going to look like me, at least she takes after someone who is really pretty.

I signed up to feed the elders tonight. I decided to make a pumpkin roll for dessert. I used fat free cream cheese. Bad idea. It doesn't taste nearly as good and the consistency is off. I guess the elders can't complain when someone else is making them dinner, right?

We went in with some friends on season Jazz tickets again. I'm loving the new Jazz uniforms. We went to the first preseason game last week. Don't worry, despite the player trades that took place, the Jazz is going to be the same team as every year. You know, the Jazz team who leads their opponent by 30+ points in the first quarter, then slowly loses the lead, only to scramble during the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter to pull off 4 point win. Ha, ha. Regardless, I love going to the Jazz games. It's something fun for Mitch and I to do together. I'm excited for this season! Go my favorite sports team!!!
I was really sick over the weekend. I thought I had strep throat. Turns out is was just a nasty virus. I lost my voice for the first time in my whole life. That was fun. This makes for the third strep throat/virus illness I've had in 5 months. Next time I'm going straight to an eye/ear/nose doctor to ask about having my weak/sickness prone tonsils removed! I am feeling a lot better now though.

1 comment:

Nicole and Kevin said...

Her dress is adorable :) Cute family pics - you look HOT!!!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...