10.28.2010

I Hate Being Cold

Which is one of the reasons why I hate winter time. But I've been trying to find things that I love about winter. I recently decided that I love hearing the heater come on in the winter time. Don't you get a cozy feeling when you hear the heater kick on? It makes me want to snuggle up to Mitch and drink some hot chocolate while we sit in front of our [non-existent] fireplace.

So this week when the weather man said it was supposed to be in the 40s, I told myself it would be okay because I would have that warm, cozy feeling when the heater turns on.

But the heater didn't turn on.

It broke sometime early Sunday morning.

We were cold for 4 days. We had to wait for the heater part to arrive in the mail. We dressed Bug extra warm and had space heaters around the house. We tried to avoid being home: Mitch went to work and Bug and I spent a day visiting a friend from Latvia, and my mission bff and her sweet baby girl.

And you know what? It really wasn't that bad. Not like we thought it would be. The space heaters did their job, Bug didn't mind the extra layers, and we had a good laugh about the whole thing.

Here's Layla in her pajamas with a jacket and slippers layered on top.
Harvey was sooooo sad that the weather was bad and he was stuck inside (even though it was cold inside, but warmer than outside).
Finally, on Wednesday, the heater part Mitch ordered arrived in the mail. It was only 20 bucks. I was reminded, once again, that I married a Smart, Mr. Fix-It-All who had our heater up and running in no time. I was also reminded of how blessed we were that the problem wasn't more expensive or a bigger pain to fix.

We're so happy to be warm again!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

This sounds like my worst nightmare! Four days in the cold? I would have been a huge wimp and packed up to go to a hotel :)Layla does look cute in her warm gear though!

Anonymous said...

I heard that you guys had a pretty good snowstorm. Too early for snow, even in UT! Plus no heater, not cool. Hope it warms up for ya, at least until Thanksgiving, I don't think that is too much to ask, right :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...