Here's a few things I want to remember about Layla at 8 months:
- I put Layla's hair in a pony tail for the first time today. It makes her look older, which makes me a little sad, but it's still cute.
- I had no idea an 8 month old could have so much energy. Seriously, she's crazy. Most nights, around 7 pm, she gets a huge burst of energy and goes crazy for about 30 minutes. I can't figure out where the energy comes from.
- She goes to bed at 8 pm and wakes up at 7 am. Then takes two naps during the day, varying in length from 45 minutes to 2 hours. I love it!
- Layla is such a cheese ball. When we're out in public and a stranger says hi to her, she gives them a cheesy grin and waves or gives high 5. If you say, "High 5!" and put your hand up, she will put her hand up too and wait for you to give her a high 5 (as long as she's not distracted by something else).
- Actually, her wave and high 5 are more like a "hail Hitler" motion. Ha,ha. She reaches her hand out straight in front of her at an angle. This is how she waves and gives high 5s.
- She's ticklish on her sides and belly and has the cutest laugh. Lately, we'll set her in her crib or on our bed, she'll roll over, and just start laughing. At nothing. Or at least at something that we don't know about. I can't figure out what is so funny ... And I make it a point every day to take a few minutes to make her laugh.
- Also, she now has her two bottom teeth. I think the top two are on their way.
Here's some pics of her during dinner time. It's kinda hard to see her pony tail against the blue of her chair, but it's there, promise.
Try all you want Daddy, I'm not going to smile at your dorky faces ...
Daddy, you are so lame.
Just kidding, Daddy! I love you!!!
3 comments:
Ha ha! Her pony tail is suuuuper cute! Can't wait to see it tonight :)
Ha Ha....hope you don't think I'm creepy but I love your blog! I was just scrolling through and loved your Ensign post. I really didnt realize that was a spider until I read on....ewwww! Layla is SO stinkin cute!
The pony tail does make her look older, but it is so CUTE!!!
Post a Comment