12.11.2010

Birthday Week

Birthdays tend to last a full week in our house. Here's a few things we did to celebrate my 27th Birthday Week this year:

1. Mitch took me out to eat at the Melting Pot. It was just like heaven. Chocolate Dessert Heaven, that is. Thanks again, Hubby!
2. On my actual birthday day, Mitch brought home beautiful flowers, Papa John's pizza, and an eight layer Coldstone ice cream cake. He truly knows the way to my heart. Isn't he cute?
3. Celebrated mine and my baby bro's birthdays with our fam. We each got a Coldstone ice cream cake (my mom also knows the way to my heart) and we both got spoiled.
4. Layla turned 8 months old. She was also given a santa hat and scarf from GG Ruth. Now I call her Layla Elf. Isn't she adorable? Oh, and she started smiling with her tongue out now. Silly little elf.
5. Celebrated with Mitch's fam by eating out at a delish Mexican restaurant. Thanks again, Kevin and Kathy! It was yummy. We invited them over afterwards for ... you guessed it ... Coldstone ice cream cake (since we have so much leftover). Here's Layla with her messy face after eating her dinner of carrots and sweet potato at the restaurant. This is her other new smile. I can't decide if she's trying to look sweet and innocent or if she's totally annoyed that we keep taking her picture so she's fake smiling to get it over with.
6. Family pics with the Miles fam. We decided to do Layla's hair super fancy for the pics. She ended up looking like an '80s rocker. I will post some of our family pics once we get them. I have a feeling they'll be super cute.
7. Attended the annual Miles Christmas Party. Natalie got the most hilarious white elephant gift ever- a urinary contraption for women to pee on the go. We were all cracking up. Layla sat on Santa's lap for the first time. She liked him. Didn't shed a tear. That's my girl!
8. Ended the week by taking Harvey to the ER vet because he got hit by a car. Poor buddy. He'll be okay though, he's just really sore and beat up. Long story short, he is no longer allowed outside after dark. Now I am definitely more of a dog person, and lately, I've been saying I want to make Harvey an outside only cat, and I rarely allow him in our bedroom, or downstairs at all for that matter, because I can't stand him jumping on the couch or our bed, and maybe I'm not as nice to him as I could be because I believe that he is a cat, not my child, so I should treat him like a cat and not like my child, but all that aside I do feel really bad for the little guy. However, I'm sure he'll be back to his old ways in no time.

Besides the Harvey incident, it was a great Birthday Week. I can't believe I'm 27. I feel more like 20. Thanks, Everyone, for making my birthday great. That's the best part about Birthday Week- you get to spend it with the fam.

Now it's time for Christmas! I can't believe it's almost here... Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

Happy Birthday!!! Do you have any leftover ice cream cake? If so I might have to stop by :)

I am impressed Layla wasn't scared of Santa. I still haven't taken Oakley, because I am pretty sure she will scream when she sits on his lap (next year...maybe).

toonefam said...

Happy Be Lated Birthday week!! It sounded really great!! :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...