The Bug turned 9 months old a couple of weeks ago. We had her 9 month check up today.
She is off the chart for height! Literally. She measured 30 inches long, which puts her off the chart. The doctor said, "She's going to be a volleyball player!" Apparently he doesn't know about her parents' lack of coordination genes. Ha, ha. But you never know, right? Maybe two negative genes equal one positive and she'll be very coordinated.
Speaking of genes, she might look just like Mitch, but she got my family's tall gene. (I know, I know, I'm short, but apparently I can pass the gene on. My immediate and extended family [on both sides] are very tall.)
I also asked about her not even attempting to crawl. He said she probably won't, she'll just go straight to cruising and walking and not to worry about it. I love our pediatrician cuz he calms me down.
Just two days ago she started pulling up from sitting to standing using her dresser drawer. Then she pulls all her pants out of the drawer. But I let her because it's good practice for her to stand and cruise. (Even though it drives me nuts when the drawer is unorganized, but I'm learning to let it go.) So, I do think she'll walk and never crawl, and I'm okay with that. After all, she skipped the bottle and went straight to the sippy cup. She's an overachiever like her dad, what can I say? Ha, ha.
But I digress. So the second time she had the meals she ate the meat and liked it. Yes! She's a good little eater.
She is still talking up a storm. She is a constant stream of dada's, baba's, lala's, raspberries, flipping her lip with her finger, squeals, and giggles. She's hilarious. She makes me laugh everyday. She is starting to imitate a lot now. If Mitch or I make a sound, she'll try to make the same sound. It's ridiculously cute. She also plays a mean game of peek-a-boo. She does all the work; she covers her face with the blanket, laughs, then pulls the blanket off with a huge smile on her face. It's so so so funny. We sure love her! She is such a fun, little bundle of energy.
3 comments:
I'm sure it's the lighting, but I can't believe how dark her hair looks in these pictures! She's getting so big :( so fun but also sad!
She is so cute! Phineas didn't crawl until he was 11 months old, and I was fine with it. It's so fun to have them grow up, huh? I love it!
Oakley and Layla can be on the volleyball team together. She was just shy of 30 inches at her 9 month appt as well :).
I think Layla looks like Mitch in all of her pictures, but in person I think she looks like a mix of both of you.
I am going to try your lecture about eating with Oakley. I am convinced Layla is a better eater than she is :)
I am jealous of your parents as well!!!
Post a Comment