Layla has a bright future ahead of her. I wonder what she'll decide to do with her life?
Maybe she'll choose the rocket science path like her Daddy. She's already learning to master the Rubik's cube ...
Or maybe she'll choose to be a gymnast for the U. We know she's strong and she can already do the splits ...
Or she could always join the circus and do tricks with her tongue ... she has a really long tongue and it's always doing something crazy! Ha ha. I swear it has a mind of its own. It's so funny to watch.
Hopefully she doesn't grow up to be a spoiled brat and throw tantrums like she started doing last week ... kicking, whining, the whole thing. It's so not cute. I hope that if I ignore her tantrums they will stop. She's only done it a few times so far.

A few things I want to remember about Bug at this age:
- she cut her first top tooth this week- the front left top tooth to be exact. She looks kinda funny, but super cute.
- she tries so very hard to imitate words you say to her. I try to repeat one word to her over and over. She can't make the same sounds I say, but she always repeats the same number of syllables. For example, if I say, "banana," she says, "bababa." Pretty smart, huh?
- this week Layla calls everyone and everything "bob." (It's usually a different sound each week or so.) She points at the calendar and says, "bob." Mitch is "bob." Harvey is "bob." It's pretty funny.
- i've been trying to teach Layla that Mitch is "dada." Last week we were all at my grandma's when Layla pointed at Mitch and said, "dada." Oh wow, I was totally gloating during my proud mom moment when it was interrupted by Layla pointing at the fridge and saying, "dada." Ha, ha. I guess she still doesn't get it ...
- she loves the freedom of crawling. She thinks it's hilarious if I get down on all four and chase her around. She laughs and tries to crawl away super fast. I love it.
- i watch fox 13 local news in the mornings. I don't let Layla watch tv, but sometimes she watches it despite my best efforts. She waves at the newscasters, but her favorite is Damon Yauney, hands down. I think she has a crush on him. She stops everything she's doing to watch him do his forecast. It's pretty funny. At least she knows how to pick the cute ones. Maybe she'll be a weather forecaster when she grows up.
- she likes music. She stops to listen when she hears the radio, a hymn, etc. She also "dances" by either swaying back and forth, bouncing up and down, shaking her head, or waving her hands. It's awesome. I hope she love to play the piano and go to Juilliard (on a full ride scholarship, tuition alone is $32K/year!). You never know, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment