3.11.2011

11 Months

I can't believe that in less than 4 weeks our little princess will be one year old! At 11 months she cut her top two teeth; the second one is almost all the way in and I think the pain is subsiding. I wouldn't say she's miserable, but you can definitely tell it hurts her. She's always got her fingers in her mouth, chomping away. I'd say this picture perfectly defines Layla at 11 months- teething. Poor baby.
I've bought her several teething rings, but she won't chew on them for some reason ... she does like teething biscuits though (but they're really messy!).

She loves chasing Harvey. I always know when she's chasing him because I can hear her giggling and crawling really fast. It's so funny. In this picture she's about to crawl right off the couch after Harvey! Good thing Super Mommy was there to save her.
And in this picture she's leaving Harvey to come attack Mommy! She looks so determined, I love it.
Every day I have to set up the baby gate to block off the kitchen, one, because it also blocks off the stairs, and two, because Layla loves splashing in Harvey's water bowl and eating his cat food. When I'm in the kitchen and Layla's trapped outside, she will pull up on the gate and watch whatever I'm doing. It cracks me up ... she looks like a little gerbil stuck in her cage. Sometimes I even hand her snacks through the holes in the gate. She loves it when I do that.

The other week we went to Brock and Natalie's and Layla got to see their dog, Duke. We kept asking Layla what the dog says and then we would all say, "ruff!" Well, since Layla can't say "ruff!" she says "ooooh". Our conversation usually goes like this:

Mommy: "Layla, what does the dog say?"
Layla: "ooooh"

It's awesome. I managed to get it on video the other day. She was upset in the video because I won't let her play with the video camera. I apologize about the bad photography, but it's hard to film when she's crawling on me. Anyways, I also tried to get her to say "uh oh!" but she wouldn't do it. She can't say "uh oh" yet, so she just says, "ahh!". It's cute.

2 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

ha ha, that was totally Katy....loved the messy biscuits but hated the teething rings! Love the snacks through the gate, that one made me laugh out loud.

Julia M. said...

Holy moly she is cute! Her video made me laugh. Thanks for the advice on the pics. I appreciate it!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...