I'm curious, which is easier and more fun, skiing or snowboarding? Let me know what you think.
I've only been snowboarding three times and it's been over eight years since I've gone. I really liked it. I wouldn't say I was awesome at it, but I didn't suck either. (Unless you count not being able to get off the lift without falling as sucking.) But other than the lift thing, I'd say I was pretty average.
Mitch took me skiing for my first time last weekend. He said I'm the best learner he's ever seen. Maybe he meant it. Or maybe he just knew that I never learned to get off the lift without falling on the snowboard and imagined me doing the same thing on skis. (It's definitely easier to get off the lift on skis compared to a snowboard!) Either way, I think I picked it up pretty quick. At first I didn't like it and wished I had decided to snowboard instead. But by the end I was really enjoying myself.
So, we decided to take up a new sport next winter: skiing. Well, for Mitch it will be skiing. Me? I'm undecided. Skiing or snowboarding? Which do you think is better and why?
As a side note, our ski day was supposed to be pretty cheap; we had free passes, free babysitter (thanks, Mom!), we packed our own lunch, and we rented skis from the cheapest place in town. Unfortunately, we got a speeding ticket on our way up the mountain. We weren't speeding. Pretty sure it's impossible to do 70 up a hill in my Saturn, especially with skis in the ski rack. The fun-hater cop busted us for the full amount, 70 in a 55. Lame! Oh well, we still managed to have a super fun day. Thanks for teaching me to ski, Mitch!
3 comments:
Snowboarding, definitely snowboarding. I have pretty fair experience with both (skied for 8 years and started boarding since I was 13) but I haven't skied since I was 13 either so... my adult opinion may be somewhat jaded in regards to skiing. However, I would never even think about going back to skiing, not even ever :)
You are so lucky to be so close to the mountains, I miss snowboarding like CRAZY. It is not the same here :(. Oh, and the lift thing gets better, I promise - but it definitely does suck at first. So worth the embarassment haha...eventually. Besides you are a fast leaner it sounds like, so you will pick it up real quick.
Have fun with it!! If you ever need to borrow a snowboard or boots, mine is just chillin in the Andreason's basement.... just let me know. It's not getting any use and it is a shame!
I'd say skiing....but I have never snowboarded. I am quite the wiz on the longboard though and hear it's pretty much the same??? Skiing is much cooler any way, right? So i'd say skiing. Hey stop speeding in the race car would ya? I used to have a saturn and we always called it the race car....so I am not surprised!
I am lousy at both(which is too bad, because Kevin loves to ski), but if I had to choose I would say skiing.
It looks like you and Mitch had fun! I think it is a great activity to enjoy together.
Post a Comment