4.06.2011

Good Riddnace

We finally said goodbye to our green and Berber carpet. I could not be happier. After a long weekend of moving furniture, pulling up old carpet, and cleaning, the new carpet is finally in and it looks great. We got the same carpet in the entire house. I love it. And we finally got rid of the 1980s vertical blinds in the living room and updated with some curtains.

The pictures don't do it justice.
Thanks so much to everyone who helped us: Kevin, Kathy, my mom and dad, my grandma, Dave, Brock, and our neighbor, Matt. We couldn't have done it without your help. Mitch has been insanely busy at work and had to work through the weekend, only to come home and deal with the carpet. He was so tired from working so hard. But it all worked out and it looks awesome! And now I've become obsessed with vacuuming. I actually got a blister from vacuuming so much. Yeah, I need a life. But hey, nothing's better than vacuuming new carpet with a Dyson!

3 comments:

Julia M. said...

Hooray! It looks awesome. I feel the same way about my new carpet and my Dyson--is it time to vacuum yet?!

Natalie said...

Yay it looks great! I love vacuuming new carpet. You will love the carpet color even more when something gets spilled on it...it doesn't show ANYTHING!!!

Nicole and Kevin said...

Oh, I am going to miss the green carpet :) The new carpet looks great! If you ever get sick of vacuuming at your house, you can bring your Dyson over and take a stab at my carpet!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...