5.03.2011

May Day 2011

We had quite the eventful May Day this year. We spent the weekend in So Cal for my uncle's wedding. Kent and Laura were married on the beach in Malibu and it was beautiful. I am so happy for my uncle and I'm excited to have Laura in our family.



Layla was an angel the whole weekend. Only one crying episode from keeping her up until 11 p.m. She was pretty much the entertainment for the wedding dinner. She hammed it up the whole night and made everyone laugh. She really enjoyed herself the whole weekend. She loves hanging out with her fan club!
We even had some time to see the Griffith Observatory. It was really neat. I would love to go running there some time.
And we will never forget Kent and Laura's wedding date because it's the same day that Osama bin Laden was killed. We were sitting at the wedding dinner when one of Laura's friends announced that he had been killed (she saw the headline on her phone). Wow, I'm still shocked. I'm glad he's dead, but I'm not convinced that terrorism is over. I just hope it will mess it up enough to avoid anymore terrorist attacks.
This will be one May 1st we will never forget.

1 comment:

Nicole and Kevin said...

2 trips to California - I am not going to lie, I am jealous. I need some serious sun :) Congrats to your uncle!!!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...