I had a very nice Mom's Day this year. Mitch made me breakfast and lunch and took care of Layla all day. (I bet he would have made me dinner too, but we ate at my parents' house.) He also bought me the Miche bag I've had my eye on for months now and some beautiful yellow tulips. I have the best husband in the world. And the sweetest daughter in the world. She makes me feel so blessed to be a mom. I actually thanked her for letting me be her mommy today. I can't think of anything that makes me happier than being a wife and a mother.
I love my family.
We were able to visit with our moms and grandmas this weekend, which is always nice. Mitch and I both have great moms and doting grandmothers. After the Mom's Day festivities today, we bathed Layla. We stuck these letters all over the tub, the wall, and Layla. Then she tried to stick them on her back herself, which was funny to watch. She's always making us laugh ...
And, we finally managed to get Layla's horse whinny on video. I could only get her to do it once for the camera (she's camera shy). She has a rocking horse that whinnies and we turn it on when we change her diaper so she'll hold still. Almost every time we turn it on, she whinnies along with the rocking horse. Now she knows to whinny when you ask her what the horse says, although sometimes she needs a little coaxing, but it's still awesome.
I am thankful to be a mom. I am thankful for my mom's example of motherhood and for the great mom that she is to me. I find myself becoming more and more like her everyday, which is a good thing. I love you Mom! Happy Mother's Day!
1 comment:
She is so pretty just like her momma!! What a cutie!
Post a Comment