5.26.2011

Motherhood Moments

Being a mom brings lots of different emotions to my life. Mostly happy, comical emotions.
Like last night when I put Layla to bed; I laid her in her crib, walked to the door, turned around to look at her, and noticed that she was waving at me. It actually made me laugh out loud. How many one year olds wave goodnight to their mom? Then she rolled over and fell asleep. Didn't make a peep for 12 hours!
Or the other day when I woke up in a hurry and forgot to pray. I remembered about 30 minutes later and knelt in front of the couch to pray.
In the middle of my prayer, I heard a tiny person crawling over to me, then I felt a tiny hand patting me on the back, then a tiny arm resting on my back while I prayed.

When I opened my eyes, there was a tiny, smiling face resting on the couch next to mine. I smiled and then we both started laughing. It was such a sweet moment.

Or recently while vacuuming and I found some of Harvey's cat food in his bed that I'm pretty certain Layla had put there, just wanting to give the kitty some food. She's so thoughtful ...

But then there was today ... my most embarrassing moment as a mother.

I took Layla in her umbrella stroller to Sally Beauty Supply. I was paying for my stuff when I heard a loud crashing sound. Layla had somehow (I still have no idea how) managed to pull down their bucket of mini nail polishes and a display of glass rings.


There was nail polish everywhere. To make it even worse, Layla was crying, the floor was black tile and the nail polish was white. It was such a mess! I helped clean it up and paid for the damages, which was only $7. By the looks of it, it should have cost me a lot more.

I'm glad Layla wasn't hurt and everything considered, she didn't break as much stuff as she could have. But I still cried a little when I got in the car. I was so.so.so.embarrassed.

So while Layla is a very sweet, funny, happy little girl, she still causes me to have a whole gamut of emotions.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

She's such a little love! I would be mortified if that happened to me. I'm sure they were used to stuff like that happening though, and at least you really didn't know anybody in the store. Still, I think it would probably take me a year to get up the courage to go back in there! Love you guys!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...