5.24.2011

Running

We've been busy lately. Running around all over the place.

Mitch and I ran in the Ogden Relay race with Katie and her friend, Michelle. Mitch ran the first leg, which was just over 7 miles. He averaged 7:50 a mile! I ran the last two legs, which was just under 8 miles and I'm not sure what my times are yet because the race result people screwed up the timing for the last leg for every team. I'm sure they're fixing it, but I can't wait to see what my times were! We had a great time and are looking forward to running the Freedom Half Marathon on the 4th of July. I'm also running in the Wasatch Back in June. Lots of running!
Layla is just days away from walking. She's great at standing on her own and she takes a few steps at a time now. But mostly she just dives or belly flops. It's absolutely hilarious. She'll put both arms straight up in the air, let out a loud squeal, and then belly flop onto whatever is beneath her. Luckily, we've been close enough to catch her each time. She's crazy! Totally fearless. She makes us laugh so hard. I'm sure she'll be walking really soon.

Hopefully once she starts walking she won't fly away considering she has these wings on the side of her head ...
I don't do her hair like this, it just naturally goes this way. Oh, and she closes her eyes when you take her picture now because of the flash.
And Layla helped me clean out the fridge recently. She's climbing all over lately. She's learned how to open the DVD drawer in the couch, step up on it, and then get on the couch. I've never seen her look so proud of herself. I am not excited for the amount of climbing she will do once she can walk!

3 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

ha ha, I'm a bit scared for Wasatch back.....I haven't been able to prepare like I hoped I could this time around. I guess i still have a few more weeks right? I do know for sure I wont be running less than 8 minute miles like Mitch! Way to go!

Katy was always content to just pull herself up around things in the house to get around. We were sure she'd be walking before she was one, but alas it was about 14 months. It's funny how kids just do things when they are ready to! At least she knows how to get in the fridge and help out!

Stacey said...

I love running! I need to get back out there. I hate the treadmill and it has been so cold I haven't done much of anything :(

Nicole and Kevin said...

I am glad one of us will be ready for Wasatch Back!!! You may have to finish my legs for me, as I have not been running much. I was much more prepared last year, and am a little bit nervous, ahhh!

Mitch is fast, but I think you should just assume that you ran a 7 minute mile (since they haven't posted your time, ha :)

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...