9.17.2011

Happenings

We've been so busy lately and due to work, Mitch's school, and life in general, I don't have much time to blog about it. But it's good to be busy and we're enjoying life. Here's a quick run down, in no particular order, for memory's sake:

  • We took Layla to the fair yesterday. She loved the animals and wanted so badly to touch them all. We tried to watch the sea lion show, but she wasn't interested, which completely surprised us. Who doesn't love sea lions?


  • Layla and I went to California with my mom. The purpose of the trip was to attend the wedding reception of a close family friend, but we managed to spend time with my uncle and his wife as well. Layla loved dancing at the reception and playing with all the other kids all weekend long (the little boys all fought over who got to hold/feed/carry her). We went to a HUGE flea market in Pasadena with my uncle; I bought a sun hat and Kent bought all sorts of stuff. The only downer to the trip, besides not having Mitch/Daddy with us, was that we all had head colds, so some nights it was hard to get Layla to bed. But overall she did great and we had a fun time! While we were there, Layla learned to call my mom, "Grammie," only she says, "Mammie" and it's ridiculously cute! I really wanted to go to the beach while we were there, but it rained and even hailed the days we could go. Strange, huh?

  • Layla got some new shoes. She absolutely loves them! She'll bring them to us and ask us to put them on, or try to put them on herself, which she can't manage to do yet, but we get a laugh out of watching her try! Oh, and I get a kick out of these jeggings (stretchy pants) she has, they're hilarious on her! So cute she has two pairs.
  • Today I ran four miles with no knee pain. That's the farthest I've been able to run, pain-free, since my half-marathon two months ago. Wahoo!
  • Mitch has his first test for school next week. I already know he'll ace it.
  • On a side note, my mom recently told me something I never knew about my dad; he would trade all the horses, hunting, fishing, camping, etc. to live by the ocean. Well I must be more like my dad than I thought because that is my dream too! I think I was supposed to be a beach bum/surfer chic and live on the island of Maui or somewhere like that. But since I can't do that right now, boating at Jordanelle is the next best thing. We went with my parents and Katie over Labor Day and it was a blast ... until the boat broke! Ahhh! Mitch learned how to get up on the wakeboard, and was going for another spin when the boat stopped working. We had to be towed in. Total bummer. I was able to wakeboard before it broke and I learned how to move back and forth across the water. Katie got out of us making her try to wakeboard, at least. We still managed to have fun for the rest of the day though, eating lunch, and playing in the water. Layla LOVES the lake as do I. Can't wait for next year!

  • Last but not least, Layla is adding to her vocabulary daily. My favorite word to hear her say is "waffle" because she says it so darn cute. She also yells, "Daddeeee!" when she is scared or wants to know where Mitch is. She said "apple" for the first time yesterday. I can't believe how fast she learns. She can recognize and/or say a dozen letters of the alphabet. She loves to read and learn and it makes me one proud mama!

2 comments:

Nicole and Kevin said...

I am jealous you went to the fair. I wanted to take Oakley, but we never made it...plus Kevin hates the fair :-)

Layla's new shoes are pretty cute!

Lacey said...

Mitch hates it too, but I told him it was being a good parent to take his kid. Isn't is sad we have to push our husbands to do fun things? What party poopers!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...