10.04.2011

Words

Let me just start by saying that I love General Conference. I look forward to it every six months. It amazes me that I can hear the words of a prophet of God and learn what God would have me know to help me be happy. How wonderful is that?! I especially loved a talk given by Elder Neil L. Andersen who spoke on the blessings of parenthood.  And of course, President Monson is such an uplifting speaker.

Speaking of listening to others' words, Layla has became quite the parrot lately! I wrote down six new words that she learned in one day! They were animal (amal), knee (me), shadow (dadow), cereal (ceweal), tiger, and happy. Of course, she can't say them all perfectly, but she does a pretty good job. And I'm mostly impressed that she understands what they mean—especially words like "shadow" and "heavy."  Other words she has learned lately are Oakley (Oaky), Natalie (Nanany), honey, no, yay, grandpa (bapa), and heavy. She always yells "Yay!!!" when she is excited and it makes me laugh every time.

It's been raining all morning. It was over 80 degrees yesterday, Monday, and it's predicted to only be 46 degrees on Thursday. What?! That's a huge change in only three days! The good news is that I bought some running tights so I can run outside in the cold weather; I'm pretty excited! Hopefully the inversion won't be too bad this year.

Mitch is still super busy. His work is really busy right now and school keeps him busy, not to mention Scouts, taking care of the lawn, oh, and spending time with his doting wife and daughter. I don't know how he does it, but he does it well and I am so proud of him! He is one of the most motivated people I know.

I keep thinking I should get out the Halloween decorations; I bet Layla would love them. But, they're under the stairs and a pain the the you-know-what to get to, so I haven't done it yet. Is that lazy or what? Actually, it's not really laziness, I'm just busy with other things. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...