I let Layla watch one episode of Sesame Street most mornings while I get ready.
Watching Sesame Street
We finally learned who her favorite character is; last Saturday, for three hours, we heard nothing but, "Ernie!" (in a whiny voice) from our almost-18-month-old. Seriously, for three hours straight, it was nothing but "Ernie, Ernie, Ernie!" and it started to drive us nuts.
We couldn't figure out what she wanted, we only knew that she wanted "Ernie!" We tried having her watch Sesame Street and then Ernie videos on YouTube, but it wasn't enough.
So we did what any good parent would do ... we put her in the car, drove to ToysRUs, and let her pick out her very own Ernie doll. I know, I know, that's spoiling her, but it was the only thing we could think of to make her stop whining. And it worked!
When we got to the store, Layla wanted not only the Ernie doll, but the Elmo doll too. The spoiled little girl has her daddy wrapped around her finger, so when I asked her to pick between the two, Mitch said he couldn't make her pick and that he wanted to buy her both. He won. Actually, Layla won.
It was the ToysRUs giraffe's birthday,
so she even got a birthday crown.

Layla was SO happy. Now she sleeps with Ernie, carries him everywhere, and freaks out if she thinks we're going to forget him when we go somewhere. It's pretty hilarious, actually. She loves her Elmo too, but Ernie is definitely the favorite.
With her new buddies.
Sorry, about her lack of shirt.
This is just after a lunch of
yummy, but messy, peaches.
3 comments:
Holy stinking cute! Phineas loves Elmo, as well. Cookie Monster certainly drives me crazy because he uses object pronouns rather than subject pronouns. Can't stand him! But Ernie is a cool one. Too bad he's so funny looking!
SOOOO cute!! I love her jeggings! Lily was obsessed with Elmo. She called him Melmo and had an Elmo blankie that she slept with every night. She's now 11 and still sleeps with it every night. DON'T TELL THE OTHER MIDDLE SCHOOLERS!!!
So...when you having another one??? :)
Rachel
I wouldn't feel bad about buying Layla an Ernie doll because she was whiny... I would have totally done the same thing! Anything to get them to stop whining :)
Post a Comment