Remember how I thought I had food poisoning? And then I thought I had the flu? Well, after a visit to the doctor, and another visit to the ER, someone finally figured out that I actually had a kidney infection.
Weird, I know, especially considering I did not have any of the "normal" symptoms. But that must have been it, because I feel so much better after taking the antibiotics.
I keep referring to my two-week illness as "the Christmas Miracle" because after talking to other people who have had a kidney infection, it sounds like I got off easy. I didn't have to stay in the hospital and it only lasted two weeks; other people I know had it way worse.
I would like to attribute this miracle to the priesthood blessings I received from my husband and our wonderful home teacher, as well as the invention of antibiotics, which I consider to be a miracle in itself.
While I feel like I lost two weeks of my life, and I was absolutely miserable during that time, I do feel very blessed to be feeling healthy again. I am still tired, but overall I feel so much better!
Bring on the holidays!
12.23.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2024 Wrap Up
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
-
No, I did not do anything scandalous at the Keith Urban concert last night, although I'm sure many other women did. For Mother's Day...
-
"Come on down and join the winning team, because here at Globo Gym we're better than you, and we know it!" Ha,ha, remember tha...
-
Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...
2 comments:
That's great you got better before the holidays so you can enjoy them now! Kidney infections are the pits and can be pretty scary if you don't get help soon enough. I had one once when I was 18 and was the most pain I have ever experienced prior to giving birth. Indeed, a Christmas miracle!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better!
Post a Comment