1.08.2012

Potty Training

Layla went pee pee on the potty for the first time today! We clapped and cheered for her. The girl thrives on praise.

Let me just rewind a little and say that we haven't been consistent with potty training, but for the last few days we've been having her sit on her potty once a day and tell her to go pee pee and poo poo. Last week she got really upset at me for putting her on the potty. As a result, we made a new rule: she can only play on the Ipad while she's sitting on the potty. Works like a charm.

Yesterday she sat on the toilet for a good 20 minutes. Then I looked over and found her standing in the potty. So I left to go get a new diaper, figuring she was done with Ipad/potty time.

When I walked back in the room I found this:

She had put the potty seat around her head. She said, "Baby. Hat." I laughed my head off, then made her march upstairs to show Daddy, who laughed his head off.

We did Ipad/potty time for about half an hour this morning. We kept telling her to go pee pee and poo poo in the potty. She seemed too interested in the Ipad to pay any attention to us.
Finally we took her off the potty, figuring she'd get it eventually, and to our amazement she had gone pee pee! Yay!! We were so happy! Let's hope she keeps it up. I think it will still be a while before she tells us when she needs to go, but at least she'll do it if we put her on there first. Baby steps, right?


What a big girl she's becoming! She picks up new words and phrases on an hourly basis, she has her daddy's excellent memory, and she understands way more than we expect her to. They grow up way too fast I tell ya!


On a random side note, I have decided to change my New Year's resolution of editing x amount of articles per month. It's too much. Layla keeps me so very busy. And she and Mitch are my first priority. Instead my goal is to edit as much as I can after Layla is in bed for the night, or while she's napping if I have everything else done. The other goals will stay the same. I must say that the no sugar thing is going way better than I anticipated!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Ok that is hilarious that she put the seat on her head! Also, genius idea to use the ipad as motivation!

Team Beardshall said...

Ha, she is so funny! Good luck with the potty training...your on your way there with that cool hat! That is fun to not eat sugar...not really. Good luck there. I have to have a free day. Keep us posted on that! Also I have to admire that you are just going to try to do your best at editing...because family is #1 I agree!

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...