3.13.2012

31

Did you know that many US citizens have to renew their driver's license when they turn 31? Ya, well we didn't realize it either, so Mitch spent part of the day on his birthday at the DMV. Ha, ha. What a way to spend your special day, right? Actually, he did realize it would expire about one week before his birthday, but he was in Chicago that entire week, so he couldn't do anything about it until his actual birthday. Now it's all fixed. 

And I must add that I am horrible about taking pictures at family events, so I don't really have any of Mitch's birthday celebrations. Sorry! But I do have this pic of Layla. She got some new shoes, which she loves. The day we got them she insisted on putting them on immediately, then walked around saying, "New shoes!" for a good ten minutes. I'm glad she likes them! Today she also insisted on wearing her sunglasses everywhere, including inside at playgroup. Silly girl.

On Sunday we went to Mitch's parents house where he was spoiled once again. Kevin made his famous pulled pork fajitas. They are so yummy, and they were what Mitch wanted for his birthday dinner. (Well, really, Kathy asked me what he wanted and I suggested those, but Mitch told me later that's what he would have picked.) We also had some yummy cake with rich ice cream. Those guys sure know how to pick some good ice cream! Mitch got some cash and new shirts and he loves both of those gifts. Thanks, guys, for making Mitch feel so loved on his birthday!

The evening of Mitch's actual birthday, after he got home from the DMV, I made him his requested dinner of choice: breakfast burritos. He loves them! I also tried a new recipe for a molten lava chocolate cake that you make in the crockpot, but I will not be recommending it because it seriously wasn't good. It had almost no flavor and it wasn't sweet at all. Weird, considering it had loads of sugar in it. So, that was kind of a flop, but oh well.

Over the weekend Layla slept at her grandparents' house (thanks again, Kevin and Kathy!), so Mitch and I could go to dinner and a movie. Mitch chose Tepanyaki for dinner, and we both splurged, and it was delicious. No regrets. For a movie he chose "This Means War" which was good, but probably just rentable good.

I tried to teach Layla to say, "Happy Birthday!" but she would just spit out something incoherent. But an A-plus for effort. I may have already mentioned this, but Layla and I gave Mitch a new watch for his birthday. We gave it to him last week since he was going crazy without a watch after his old one broke. He picked out the new one; I wouldn't dream of picking it out for my picky husband! The one he chose is super cool though! I also picked him up two boxes of Girl Scout cookies — thin mint and savannah smiles (lemon), his favorites — and told him they were for his birthday, but I must admit I ate at least half of the thin mint ones myself. Sorry, Hubby!

Here's a pic of Layla eating her breakfast burrito, with ketchup. This is the first time she's ever had ketchup. I don't know why we never gave it to her before ... she LOVES it. She was making us both gag because she kept eating it plain, then she'd yell, "More ketchup!" Gross!

I think Mitch was sufficiently spoiled for his birthday. He deserves it. He is the best husband and father a girl could ask for. I know that's cheesy to say, but it's exactly how I feel. I love you, Mitch!

No comments:

2024 Wrap Up

Here we are, a new year, and I'm sitting in awe of how quickly the last year went by. Is this how it goes? The older I get, the more qui...